My "New" Pool in SCHERTZ, TX

Just wait till it melts.
We had about 5" of snow then Tuesday night icy rain which went into Wednesday. Thankfully we haven't lost power. We also didn't brush our pool on Wednesday!! So much ice on the pool deck. So scary. . . Pool school with our PB is supposed to be tomorrow but it's going to be too icy and cold. We were lucky to brush our pool once a day on Tuesday and Monday! What a way to break in a new pool!

I read a few threads about Dallas pool owners and this winter storm, what to do about covering the pipes, the equipment, whether to turn off the pump, what to do if ice gets in your skimmer, what to do when the power goes out. WHEW! We've had our power on this whole time and so far so good. *Keeping fingers crossed* What we did do was put a thick cover over the exposed pipes that are in use.

I think we'll be losing some plants. Still, it could be a lot worse. We have a lot to be thankful for.

Reactions: Nikilyn
Hi y’all!
So it’s been a while, the deck section that they had to cut out to fix a leak has all been fixed! YAY!! We have landscaping to deal with around the pool.. will get to that eventually 🤨 we will do some ourselves so who knows when that will happen 😆.

The water is still cold, the warmest it has gotten to so far is 76 degrees (we have a lot of 90+ degrees coming so that should help), my little one has been swimming after school every day! I’ll go in the shelf and sit on the edge of the coping, but that’s it for me until it warms up more!

I put one of my resin Adirondack chairs in the water, didn’t sit in it because the water covers the seat 🥶, but it is just what I wanted! Will definitely be my spot in the summer!

So far I love it! Kitty...not so sure! LOL 😆

Attachments

• 2DCFCC14-4BE6-4D76-AF9C-67DCFF47EF3C.jpeg
    2DCFCC14-4BE6-4D76-AF9C-67DCFF47EF3C.jpeg
    612.1 KB · Views: 160
  • FD75A935-E782-40FE-A667-CF0C2678B6FA.jpeg
    FD75A935-E782-40FE-A667-CF0C2678B6FA.jpeg
    390.2 KB · Views: 159
  • E56CF57F-2350-4F67-B9B9-40B25562ED87.jpeg
    E56CF57F-2350-4F67-B9B9-40B25562ED87.jpeg
    555 KB · Views: 163
  • 7DF40B18-9DA0-441D-9678-1B4F03A7F3BB.jpeg
    7DF40B18-9DA0-441D-9678-1B4F03A7F3BB.jpeg
    651.2 KB · Views: 162
Our cats do the same thing! Cautiously approach then bob their head around, probably viewing their reflection! Our great pyrenees girl Ellie barks at our robot. Especially at night when it's blue lights guide it around, it pops up shooting water and scrubbing and whew! Eventually she'll stop seeing it as a threat.

Lovely gorgeous pool! Love the color!

Reactions: TexasRain
Water and air temps the same here. On one hand I want it to warm up so I can get in the pool but on the other hand I'm not wanting the heat. Isn't it amazing how kids can get in the cold? I guess not all. My son invited the neighbor boy over and he jumped in once and wouldn't again because it was too cold 😆.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's good to know. They are the ones that our builder typically uses but it sounds like they are pretty backed up right now. So we're going to need to decide whether to wait for MMG or go with the other authorized installer near Austin :cool:
How long of a wait???

Remember when you were agonizing about that perfect shade of blue ???? So it could be Pink and Orange at times ? :ROFLMAO:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.