My hubby is gonna have a fit! I think I ruined our liner!

Jeannie in CT said:
Thank you!

I tested for cyanuric acid with my Walmart test kit and I'm not getting any reading. The water is crystal clear. Does this mean I have no CYA at all and need to add some? I assume I can only purchase this at a pool store?

Only if you want to pay an arm and a leg. :lol: you can purchase it at Home depot in the lawn and garden section.

Thats where I got mine. less than $5 for a pound.

That's a great idea. My neighbor just bought a small inflatible pool for her kids. I will give my old test kit to her. I have to say, I just got the TF100(?) test kit today and it looks intimidating. I'm only used to checking for ph, alkalinity and chlorine. I had no idea you could buy CYA at a garden center! Thank you! I'll check that out.

Jeannie 8)

Don't be intimidated. :whip:

That's all you need to test for right now, PH/TA and chlorine and it's basically the same as your 6-way.

As for the FAS-DPD test for chlorine, you will get the hang of it, and end up preferring it, to the yellow-OTO test, because it's so precise and you aren't comparing colors. :wink:

What I have is "shock plus" "4-in-1 pool shock"

basically what I looked for was the ingredients and the first thing that said: sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione that was in powder form, I grabbed it.

I got the powder form, 1 pound package was 4 something plus tax. they have it in the buckets but for me, it was going to be way too much.

You might use the pool calculator to see how much you would need. depending on the gallons in your pool, you might be better off getting the bucket. I only needed 1 1/2 pounds to get my little pool up to par.

PachinkoPlayer said:
What I have is "shock plus" "4-in-1 pool shock"

basically what I looked for was the ingredients and the first thing that said: sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione that was in powder form, I grabbed it.

I got the powder form, 1 pound package was 4 something plus tax. they have it in the buckets but for me, it was going to be way too much.

You might use the pool calculator to see how much you would need. depending on the gallons in your pool, you might be better off getting the bucket. I only needed 1 1/2 pounds to get my little pool up to par.

Probably better off with a pool this size to go the seperate CYA route. :wink:

frustratedpoolmom said:
Don't be intimidated. :whip:

That's all you need to test for right now, PH/TA and chlorine and it's basically the same as your 6-way.

As for the FAS-DPD test for chlorine, you will get the hang of it, and end up preferring it, to the yellow-OTO test, because it's so precise and you aren't comparing colors. :wink:

God knows I do...I got tired of guessing...I have such a hard time telling what colors are which...I could never tell if the color was 5 ppm or 3 ppm there is such a small difference. Now I know exactly what my levels are there is no guessing, and best of all I know every day that there is no CCs. The TF 100 Kit is a God send, I will never go with anything else.

CubbyBeave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.