chipata1

Apr 29, 2024
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi there, my Hayward threaded tie rod rusted out and broke on the bottom because I left chlorine tablets in the system.
I’m trying to unscrew it but it’s not coming off, I’m also not sure which direction to turn.
It is clockwise or antilock wise to unscrew the bottom? What tools do you recommend ?
I tried to use bolt extractors but doesn’t work.
Please any advice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 7
Welcome to TFP.

Is this in a filter?

What model are we discussing?

Hi there, my Hayward threaded tie rod rusted out and broke on the bottom because I left chlorine tablets in the system.
I’m trying to unscrew it but it’s not coming off, I’m also not sure which direction to turn.
It is clockwise or antilock wise to unscrew the bottom? What tools do you recommend ?
I tried to use bolt extractors but doesn’t work.
Please any advice.
If you could get it out, the filter will probably leak if you are able to get a new one and replace it. It unthreads to the left, like all normal threads. Unless something has changed, the part that rod threads into goes completely out the bottom, and that is where they will leak.
That center rod is about $200.00 +/- by itself and they are available, depending on which size filter you have. Better to get a new filter, unfortunately. Might be a good time to get a larger filter.