My green monster

Just found this, its for the Hayward S244S sand filter.

From the Hayward Manual

"Carefully pour in correct amount and grade of filter sand, as specified. Sand surface should be leveled and should come to about 6 “ from the top of the filter tank. Use no more than the recommended amount of sand."

I looked for that last night but didn't find it. I will have to measure to make sure I have the correct amount in tonight

Just found this, its for the Hayward S244S sand filter.
From the Hayward Manual
"Carefully pour in correct amount and grade of filter sand, as specified. Sand surface should be leveled and should come to about 6 “ from the top of the filter tank. Use no more than the recommended amount of sand."
I looked for that last night but didn't find it. I will have to measure to make sure I have the correct amount in tonight
That sounds right. Interesting they sort of contradict themselves.

Notice in these3 illustrations the sand is level with the TOP of the WIDEST part of the filter canister =)

waterco-micron-eco-5.jpg

ok i have a question. In the pictures above you can see that there is cloudy water in my pool. I have not had to baskwash my filter since monday night. it is running at 1 PSI over clean. clean is 14 PSI and its been at 15 PSI for what seems like days but has truly only been 1 1/2 days. Does cloudy water = having to backwash more often or am I making a connection between the two that's not there?

ok i have a question. In the pictures above you can see that there is cloudy water in my pool. I have not had to baskwash my filter since monday night. it is running at 1 PSI over clean. clean is 14 PSI and its been at 15 PSI for what seems like days but has truly only been 1 1/2 days. Does cloudy water = having to backwash more often or am I making a connection between the two that's not there?

If your PSI is not raising, it's too small for the sand to capture the suspended particles. You could use DE to increase the filtering capacity, but must be on hand to monitor spikes in pressure
Pool School - Add DE to a Sand Filter

I'm not sure if this is the same thing but I didn't use DE (though I was tempted to-who's to say I won't in the future). I'm using a Duda Diesel bag (attached to one of my return jets) to catch the fine particles that may be coming from my sand filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Update with a picture

as of 6:30 am

FC 13.5
CC 1

Only had a 2.5 drop in FC last night. CC is so close to being .5 its crazy the second drop pushes it past the change of color.

Have been trying to run some D.E. the last day or so, in the afternoon and evening then back washing in the morning.

The third (and final) step is defiantly trying to stay hidden, I say na na you can't hide forever!!

Stop bothering to test CCs until the water is sparkling clear, waste of reagents. And don't backwash until the pressure is 20-25% over clean baseline- a slightly dirty filter works better, believe it or not. And you've got to give that DE a chance to work. It can stay in there long time.....

It is improving!! I can see that!!

Maddie :flower:

100% beleve you on the filter and D.E. its the P.O.P that killing me, more so the family is questioning that it will actully be ready. lol. Need to show them the picture of where we started again!

Comparison Photo

First one is from June 5th second one (this morning) June 8th

100% beleve you on the filter and D.E. its the P.O.P that killing me, more so the family is questioning that it will actully be ready. lol. Need to show them the picture of where we started again!

Comparison Photo
{pic} {pic}
First one is from June 5th second one (this morning) June 8th

Wow it cleared quite a bit in 3 days!

Are you able to pull most water from the deep end? The reason being, it will help more of that "dirty"/cloudy water to go through the filter =)

Actually been toying with a idea of a 4" pvc pipe (unsure how long), pond filter media inside that, and letting one of the return jets run through that and then back into the pool. Kind of a life sized Aquarium water scrubber. its just an idea not sure if it would work at all. My mind can think of crazy/wild/unpractical things lol

Actually been toying with a idea of a 4" pvc pipe (unsure how long), pond filter media inside that, and letting one of the return jets run through that and then back into the pool. Kind of a life sized Aquarium water scrubber. its just an idea not sure if it would work at all. My mind can think of crazy/wild/unpractical things lol
Owning a large aquarium, the filtering media used for biological filtration actually encourages water flow. (not "restricts" it)

You COULD use the poly-fil that we use to "polish" the water, if that's what you are referring to =)

Which is basically what those filter bags do, but at a much higher pressure rate.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.