My First Test Results

jeqwerty1969

Gold Supporter
May 3, 2020
Inglewood, CA
I recently moved and acquired a salt water pool that had been pucked for years and "maintained" for a while but I just got my TF-100 today so I'm ready to get things under control. Some of the results seem so far out of bounds that I question my own abilities, but hopefully I'm on the right track.

My number one question:

Since I plan to dump the water in a few weeks when I receive a new salt cell and have the controls in working order, so should I bother to balance this water just to keep things cleaner until then? It's slightly green but nowhere near pond water.

FC 1.0
pH 8.1
TA 170
CH ~1500
CYA ~200 (50/50 dilution with fresh water to label x2)
SALT 3300

I would think keeping it chlorinated is a good idea. If you run your FC at 15 ppm or so you should keep it from going full bloom. And then when you exchange the water, you can do a full on SLAM to clear any remaining organics.

I guess why not change out the water now? It will take 7-10 days to get things cleaned out and ready for a SWCG anyway.

Reactions: Mdragger88
You will never get all the algal spores out of the piping, plaster, filter, pump, etc etc.

The SLAM should be quick. But you still should do one.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.