My first SLAM

I could use some thoughts on places algae can hide that I'm not thinking of. I've found the stuff in the liner flaps and cleaned it. I bleached the skimmer door, frame, and insides down. I've cleaned the drain ports. The ladder has been removed, bleached and dried, and the sand filter has been deep cleaned. I still can't pass an OCLT. I feel like I'm missing something but there's really nothing left...

Those intex hoses have the ridges - or vac hose etc.
Oh my. It's been staring us in the face this whole time. 🤦‍♂️

Take them off and fill them with 50/50 bleach. Swish and swirl them and let them sit for a while. Swish and swirl them again before emptying and hosing out.

Thanks....when I asked last week about taking off the hoses I was told it's not necessary. Bah! LOL
It usually isn't, but it's the only stone left unturned. Last time the flaps were still an issue and should have been the end of it.

Thanks....when I asked last week about taking off the hoses I was told it's not necessary. Bah! LOL
U never know- my intex automatic pool cleaner used those hoses & it would sit on top of the water & not be completely full of water (have an Air pocket)so stuff could grow- some other pressure side cleaners have this issue too. Worth a check at this point.

Reactions: Michelle22
U never know- my intex automatic pool cleaner used those hoses & it would sit on top of the water & not be completely full of water (have an Air pocket)so stuff could grow- some other pressure side cleaners have this issue too. Worth a check at this point.
I have four Intex hoses: 1) skimmer to pump 2) pump to sand filter 3) sand filter to SWCG 4) SWCG to pool. Should I remove all and soak and shake? I'm not sure how they could have any air given my flow rate, but I will do it. My actual vacuum hose/brush has been bleached after every use.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I dunno what the temp is like where u are in Ohio but here we are having a heat wave - our real feel temp is 108 in the shade! That will definitely chew through some chlorine during the day. Try not to get too discouraged. I have a feeling after releasing the seam goop The chlorine demand increased a bit as a well but hopefully u r past that hiccup now.
Here’s to passing your OCLT 🍻! Fingers crossed 🤞

Reactions: newdude
The days have been super hot. Getting some relief for the next week. I just though the seam goop should've cleared by now. Thanks for the encouragement and advice!

how old are your testing chemicals? I had a little issue I think it was last year. couldn't pass ocl test until I got new testing chemicals. :scratch:
I bought fresh chemicals in March and June. (y)

Last edited:
Is there something I'm missing to match the time from my app to my logs here?
When u click the link on your profile here are they in the future?
There was some discussion in the past about why this happens- don’t remember the reason except for time zone differences.

Reactions: Michelle22

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.