My first SLAM

Ta will come down over time as you add acid to control ph normally- no need to hit a specific ta unless u find the rate of ph rise problematic.

I did the sand cleaning...there was a lot of "dust" and a bunch of cottonwood junk, but nothing green and nothing that I found particularly alarming. I did add some sand because it was below the min mark...I'm not sure how that happened! Anyway, we'll see if anything changes tonight for an OCLT. Getting ready to get in a really scrub that seam flap again.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I’m not sure why the times are never right…drives me batty. Here is a screen shot of my app. I added 7oz 10% after the 6:30 test to get to 9 like you suggested but it took me to 11 096F4051-6BB6-49A9-889C-E683BAE47781.png

Last edited:
I do think I have found the source of my problem! It is definitely inside the pool where the liner overlaps around the bottom edge. I found two areas that released clouds of green today when I cleaned them. Ugh. I thought I had gotten it all over the last week but apparently not. I went around three times today to be sure I got what I could. I will check the seam again tomorrow. :salut:

Last edited:
I use a 2-sided clorox tile and grout brush to do my seam flaps. the handle goes into a small skimmer pole or even a in length of one inch pvc pipe. I work from inside the pool. kind of wedge the blue side into the flap and go back and forth a few times in one spot then move on. there are two seams across the bottom and the one all the way around at the side-bottom connection. also one where the wall seam is but mine is good there. there are a few spots where there isn't a flap per se but you can still scrub the ridge with this. brush lasts about a season before it starts shedding bristles.
1656973166237.png

Thanks, looks like a great brush! I used a nail brush today and it worked pretty well. I have about 5 spots where the flaps are large enough to hide the living things.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I always used an angled broom - just kinda lifted the biggest part of the flap w/ my toe & got it under there. After the 1st time & slam was done i just did it weekly or so since I realized it was a trouble spot

Reactions: Michelle22
Thanks, Decoy. Back up to slam levels tonight to see how it goes. My CC jumped up to 2.5 so will wait for that to come down and hopefully be done.

Mdragger, that's a good idea on the angled broom. I tried a broom a few days ago and clearly missed some. I have an early run for chlorine planned and will look at better brushes/brooms then.

Overnight Chlorine Loss TestI suppose that could be. It was dated June 22 so I thought it would be okay. Thanks.
If u are doing an oclt you should be able to tell if u really made it to your target & compensate going forward.
Call around to some pool places for liquid chlorine- especially any that offer a pool service. U may get some good stuff for less $$ too since that’s what they use to service pools.
I have a place by me that does the refillable 2.5 gal jugs w/ deposit . Its always fresh/potent. I get 4 & refill as necessary. It’s helpful to know I have a reliable source if i need to slam.

Reactions: Michelle22
Welp, You’re covered for a bit ! Don’t worry, Mustard Algae slam level for your cya is 40.5 - so no harm no foul especially since it’s not a terrible waste with no uv burning it right off.
Sleep well 😴

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.