My first attempt at a slam

I can see the bottom of the deep end! Don’t worry I’m not stopping till I pass all three tests.

12:00 pm
fc 10
added 1 gal of 6% I need to go buy more bleach

You need to CLEARLY see the bottom of the deep end.

As I recall from your other post your landlord replaced the filter with an undersized filter. I realize that is out of your control, but keep in mind that because of that it is going to take a while longer than expected to clear. Keep an eye on that pressure and swap out cartridges as needed!

BRUSH, BRUSH, BRUSH as often as you can, the dead algae that is making the water cloudy can't get filtered out unless it is suspended in the water.

I know it's not always easy to keep up with it, but every time your FC drops too far below your shock level of 16 for too long algae can start growing again. It's like taking one step forward and two steps back. KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!!!

I also recall from your other thread that you have children, I HOPE it goes without saying...
NOBODY should be swimming in that pool until you can CLEARLY see the bottom of the deep end.

Keep us posted with test results, pictures and progress.

Billie:

Sorry as I am late in the game here. Your signature shows that you have a cartridge filter. Seven days ago your pool looked cloudy, not green and swampy. Have you checked the cartridges to make sure that they are in good shape? Have you been taking pictures daily of the same area around the same time to check progress?

Sorry for my lack of updates. Things got crazy around here but I tried hard to keep up with the slam.

Saturday I wasn’t able to monitor the pool at all so Sunday morning when I check it the tc was at 10. I brought it back up to 16 or 17. Both ends were pretty clear and I could see a grouping of leaves in the deep end I didn’t know about. And lots of dirt on the bottom.

So i got up the leaves and vacuumed the bottom. This turn the whole pool cloud again. So I keep checking and adjusting the tc.

Last night I went to bed with it at around 16 tc and the combined was 1.0. This morning it was at 15 so I added a little. I just checked it and it was at 15 again so I added a little but today is super pretty hot and sunny. Here is what both ends look like right now:

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I meant last night my combined was 1 drop, so 0.5

- - - Updated - - -

I think I need to rebuild the part coming from the skimmers to the cut off. If you look closely one of the pvc pipes don’t sit correctly into the rubber fitting and it pops out sometimes when I change the pressure by turning off the system or close one skimmer for vac

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
He is a tenant, it was noted in another thread that when the filter went out, the landlord replaced it with an undersized filter.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking better, just keep at it!

I ran across that thread last weekend & thought it was strange that it took multiple cleanings of the cartridges to get the DE out. Seemed like the DE must have passed through the cartridge & entered the pool. Could the pump be too strong for the size of the filter?

I hope not, unless that pool looks much, much clearer in person than it does in that picture!!!

It is not safe for anyone to swim unless you can CLEARLY see the bottom of the deep end!!

Post a picture of the deep end so we can see the main drain.

I can clearly see the bottom of the deep end, including the drain.

- - - Updated - - -

7:30 am
fc 15
added 22 oz of 8.25%

short laughter poems

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.