My first attempt at a slam

7:00 pm
fc 14.5
Added 1 gal 6%

the shallow side is pretty clear, which I can now see the floor is pretty dirty. The deep end is still a little cloudy but it’s getting better I can see the return on he deep end and couldn’t see that before.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
6:00 pm
fc 16
cc 1.0 (last time I checked it was 1.5)

here are pics of the shallow shallow and deep ends. Shallow is completely clear. Deep is almost there. I still didn’t brush or vac because of work craziness but I’m gonna to do that tomorrow morning.

There is no paint that survives the conditions around a pool for very long.

Plaster is the best for gunite pool shells.

Looking like good progress! Do note that the TFP definition of clear water is if it looks like there is no water in the pool when the water is still (or you can tell the type of screw head on your main drain in the deep end). Your water is clearer than it was but the shallow end is not TFP clear yet. It will come though.

I mention it because new folks in a SLAM have a tendency to stop before passing all three tests. The potentially subjective one is clarity.

Just keep in mind that you really need to be brushing regularly.

As soon as you start brushing you're going to kick up a bunch of stuff that isn't neutralized yet near going to start using chlorine real fast again.

So it may get worse than initialy after you start brushing regularly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.