My build thread-Done

johnpkaiser

Bronze Supporter
Aug 12, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Contract signed on 8/3/19
Free-form design
Dimensions are 30’x16’ max length and width. Depth is 3.5’ to 6’.
Pool Lights: qty 2 Pentair Colored LED glo-brite low voltage lights
2 skimmers
5 returns
2 limestone boulders
1 8'w x 3'h limestone waterfall
Flagstone(Blanco Patio) coping with spray-deck cement(including existing patio)
5 umbrella sleeves(entry steps, 2- seating areas, 1 for removable table, one to store table out of pool)
Deck: Extra 15 x 17 cement decking/patio
Plaster: Island Series - Pacific Isle Blue
Waterline tile: NPT 6” Aztec Cobalt Blue with matching 2” target tiles on steps
Grey Kreepy Krauly platinum pool cleaner
Pool school and initial chemicals included
See signature for more detail

Start Date: 8/19
Est. completion: Mid-October

Attachments

• before1.png
    before1.png
    616.4 KB · Views: 220
  • pool2.png
    pool2.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 236
  • pool1.png
    pool1.png
    150.7 KB · Views: 246
  • pool.png
    pool.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Catching up on progress with pics... Gunite is being done tomorrow at 2PM after plumbing gets finished up in the AM..

Attachments

• 20190826-Day7-PumpPad.JPG
    20190826-Day7-PumpPad.JPG
    734.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 20190826-Day7-electical trench.JPG
    20190826-Day7-electical trench.JPG
    796 KB · Views: 104
  • 20190821-Day3.JPG
    20190821-Day3.JPG
    910.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 20180819-Day1.JPG
    20180819-Day1.JPG
    824.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 20190827-Day8-Plumbing.png
    20190827-Day8-Plumbing.png
    585.5 KB · Views: 103
Just catching up on some progress pics...

Waterfall is still a work in progress.

Scheduled this week:
Completion of waterfall, coping, tile surround(including steps) and deck forms.
It's possible concrete pour of the deck will be at the end of the week.

Attachments

• 21090829-Day10-After gunite.JPG
    21090829-Day10-After gunite.JPG
    777.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 20190906-Day18-Waterfall construction WIP.JPG
    20190906-Day18-Waterfall construction WIP.JPG
    533.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 20190904-Day16-Coping.JPG
    20190904-Day16-Coping.JPG
    963.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 20190903-Day15-Easytouch 4.JPG
    20190903-Day15-Easytouch 4.JPG
    449.8 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: jtburf
@ Jim. R.
One of the relays is running a pentair 300W low-voltage transformer with only 2 Globrites. I plan on adding another pentair 300W transformer for some landscaping lights around the pool. being I have an extra relay available, I plan to use it for this purpose. Based on another thread you had input into, I plan to jumper the hotwire from the existing lights relay to the open one and then connect the neutral and ground wires to the internal connections bars. Can one circuit handle two transformers? They will also be adding another outlet later for some power to a pergola that will be built. They do not plan on running the pergola circuit through the easytouch relays. However, I would like to. I am considering purchasing an other relay with its connection controlled by the "solar" connection on the main board.

Any tips or does this all sound pretty solid?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

John

John,

In your current set up, you do not have an extra relay.. The ET4 has a Pump/Filter relay, (the one in the top left) and then Aux 1, 2 and 3..

You can unplug the Pump/Filter relay and plug it into the Solar relay connection.. But the max you can get is 4 Aux relays.. 1, 2, 3 and Aux X (sometimes called Aux 10)

If you don't have a Spa, you can also use the Spa relay connection to drive another relay, but it will only come on when the system is in the Spa mode.

This is exactly why I had to upgrade my system from an ET4 into an ET8. The software is different, so you can't just add relays and expect it to work..

One relay can power two transformers, but keep in mind that all the lights will come on and off together and will be the same color.. To independently control a light, it has to have its own relay and transformer.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pretty soon I will need to decide what kind of rock to put around my pump pad. What do others use? River rock seems kind of big for walking on. To get to my pump pad, I will need to walk on the rock or at least some flat flagstones to get there. I would appreciate any feedback.

Our pad is river rock (2-4") and I just walk on it (initially the equipment platforms weren't even there). But it's not the most comfortable to step on. I would put a few 12x12 stepping stones in the river rock to step on.

Catching up on progress with pics... Gunite is being done tomorrow at 2PM after plumbing gets finished up in the AM..
I noticed your equipment pad was poured right up against your house. I am curious to know if you hear your pump inside your house.

I poured my slab right up against my house and I can hear a slight hum when my pump is running. Not in an annoying way and its off the back side of our master bath room. Actually I like it because I can hear its running in the morning.

@mcclifford, i am wondering the same thing. I haver yet to hear it run since we are still in progress of the build. The master bedroom wall is just on the opposite side and the pump is directly behind my headboard of the bed. I sure hope it's not too loud. If it is, I will likely adjust my pump run time to accommodate.

@bmoreswim
I dont need the rocks/pavers but i will be stealing the painted pipes idea for sure. I have painted miles of pvc in other applications, no idea why i never would have dreamed of doing the equpitment area.

@bmoreswim
I dont need the rocks/pavers but i will be stealing the painted pipes idea for sure. I have painted miles of pvc in other applications, no idea why i never would have dreamed of doing the equpitment area.

Totally agree! Good call. Def painting ours also.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.