My Build: 24' x 52" Radiant Pool Build Diary w/ Photos

I am finally calling the project complete. I did a few things this year. I moved the equipment, stained the deck, added some new stairs to the other side of the deck. I also did some landscaping around the pool as well. Thanks everything for the great suggestions, and thoughts. Here are some pictures of the completed project. Its now time to enjoy it, and not worry about what else i need to get done.

IMG_0709.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0711.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0712.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0713.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0714.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0715.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0716.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0717.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0719.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0720.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0608.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0607.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0606.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0663.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That is a class act! I love everything about it!

Is there any room for people when all of the toys are out and in the pool???????? LOL

Those little lights around the bottom of the pool are a neat touch! WOW

I bet you are LOVING this!

Kim

Kim - You have no idea how hard it is to go somewhere that sells pool toys with a 4 year old... or maybe you do. We got a bunch of pool toys last year at Wal Mart not knowing what they would like. We kind of went overboard since they were all clearance'd. Some of them we didn't even open.

The blue lights, I bought on Amazon. They are solar, and were less than 20 bucks.
ZITRADESreg Waterproof 55FT 100LED 8 Modes Blue Solar Fairy String Lights for outdoor, gardens, homes, Christmas party - Outdoor Lightstrings - Amazon.com

Re: My Build: 24' x 52" Radiant Pool Build Diary w/ Photos

You would have enjoyed how I designed the new playground structure for our school. I had the catalog on a table just looking at it. I was acting like I was not paying any attention to the kids. Just looking at the different components you could add. I had a note pad by it on the table.

As the kids looked with me instead of playing LOL I made notes of what they ohhhhhhhed and awwwwwwwed over "Look at this" "I want that". I did this in one classroom per grade to make sure I had something for every age level. It turned out great! The kids use very bit of it and have a blast on it every day.

So I do know what it is like. Plus that stuff is "consumable" really so...........let them have at it and make notes of what they keep going back to. Who can turn down "Daddy, Momma (bats little eyes) I like that" as they are being oh so good! LOL

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Those lights-You know I am going to have to get some now! THANKS!

Kim

That's funny, But might as well get what they are going to play with. Yea we have a good idea of what they play with now. They always go for the squirt cannon things. I hate them because they can squirt me while I sit on the patio trying to enjoy a cold one. Making the one side of the deck higher is a big one too. They love to jump in from the 'upper deck". It is only that way because, I didn't want to have to dig it out.

Ford on each side. The only way to do it!

I know. I am so happy summer finally came. I have probably dumped out 5+ inches of water in the last 6 weeks, at least my sand is clean!! Our water was 91 yesterday, we get a full 10 hours of sun directly on it. I might leave the cover off the next few days to cool it down. Its like people soup in there!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
E9A

Are you a rep for Radiant pools? You can use a SWG with a Radiant pool? I'm very interested in having one buried! If you are a rep, I have several questions for you. : )

Thanks!
(Different) Matt
Matt,
We are in the process of building a 12X24 oval radiant metric pool. Ours will be fully buried and we are going with a SWG. Dig starts next Wednesday and I will post lots of pictures. New Pool in Virginia

I called them to verify since the warranty did not say anything about a SWG. They told me a SWCG will NOT void the warranty, and that they have seen longer liner life with a SWG. If you have any questions, you can PM me to keep it off the board. But you can also call Radiant. They are super awesome to deal with.

Take lots of pics, we all love pictures around here. I'll be following along. Congrats.

Thanks! Lots of DIY work involved there. I am pretty proud of it. Post some pictures, there are only handful of radiant installs documented on here. It could help someone in the future.

Your signature says about the wall insulation. Seems 'scammy' but I think it does work, albeit maybe only a little bit. My pool is consistently a couple degrees warmer than my neighbors pool. My pool was in the mid 90's for a couple weeks this summer, then hovered around 86-88 the rest of the summer. Not bad for central PA, with no heater. I do agree the solid walls are awesome. I also recommend a SWCG. It was my first full summer with it, and it was amazing. Only ever added a couple cups of MA every 10ish days.

Look forward to seeing your install.

Hi have you had any issue with the pool since you had it up , like corrosion etc

None that I can tell, the metal parts look to be the same as when i put it up. a lot of the exposed metal is covered in plastic. I am in no way concerned about that. It also has a lifetime warranty that covers corrosion. You can check out their website for more details on the warranty.

None that I can tell, the metal parts look to be the same as when i put it up. a lot of the exposed metal is covered in plastic. I am in no way concerned about that. It also has a lifetime warranty that covers corrosion. You can check out their website for more details on the warranty.
Hi thanks for the reply ,how long have you had the pool and is it above ground or inground

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.