My AquaSport 52 Build

The oil resident left over is from the straps. You typically don't see it in lumber because it soaks in and dries and it sometimes stains in non-pressure treated applications. Composite boards don't allow for this. That is what I suspect it is. I love the white pillars, it provides contrast and blends with the white of the pool. Would it not have been possible to make a jig to help with the cuts? Although I assume it wouldn't be 100% accurate all around the pool either. But amazing job!

How hot are those boards getting with the sun? Splendid job man, splendid.

The oil resident left over is from the straps. You typically don't see it in lumber because it soaks in and dries and it sometimes stains in non-pressure treated applications. Composite boards don't allow for this. That is what I suspect it is. I love the white pillars, it provides contrast and blends with the white of the pool. Would it not have been possible to make a jig to help with the cuts? Although I assume it wouldn't be 100% accurate all around the pool either. But amazing job!

How hot are those boards getting with the sun? Splendid job man, splendid.
Thanks for the kind words Koffey...I really appreciate them. Yes I thought about a jig and quite frankly, it would have been very easy to make...but the post sleeve base offers almost a full 1" of coverage, so I thought...I shouldn't make any mistakes larger than an inch! LOL but then again...ya never know...heh heh. Finally as for the deck boards' heat...they are EXTREMELY HOT! I can't even kneel down on them wearing full-length blue jean pants...the heat just goes right through my jeans. Luckily, I use knee pads that protect me from the heat. The funny thing is...the guy at Lowes (where I bought the Trex from) said that out of all the colors of Trex decking, grey is the coolest! oh boy...you most definitely have to wear flip-flops while walking around on the deck if you are going to go swimming.

And thank you for the info on the oil residue....it does come off...but with a fair amount of elbow grease. ;)

Thanks again!

Reactions: koffey
There's a really good write up on comp decking and it's temp somewhere on the web. If you can, you should now buy some more of them screws clips. They will break off eventually and you want to make sure you have some on hand. It happens mostly in the steps. Not sure if you have that.

Reactions: mgmercurio
There's a really good write up on comp decking and it's temp somewhere on the web. If you can, you should now buy some more of them screws clips. They will break off eventually and you want to make sure you have some on hand. It happens mostly in the steps. Not sure if you have that.
I will look up that write-up and read about it. I can't believe how hot those boards get! I'm pretty sure they are as hot if not hotter than asphalt. :(

I will look up that write-up and read about it. I can't believe how hot those boards get! I'm pretty sure they are as hot if not hotter than asphalt. :(
Found it

I always try to warn folks about how hot Trex gets. Your pool deck is drop dead gorgeous.... but hot. One of those new fangled outdoor rugs in grey & white placed on the deck would help swimmers walk around yet not distract from the pretty deck.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: mgmercurio
I always try to warn folks about how hot Trex gets. Your pool deck is drop dead gorgeous.... but hot. One of those new fangled outdoor rugs in grey & white placed on the deck would help swimmers walk around yet not distract from the pretty deck.

Maddie :flower:
Thank you for the kind words! Yes that is a great idea...I will probably lay down some sort of indoor/outdoor rug ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have posted questions in other parts of this forum asking for advice on my pool build and I promised I would post pics as soon as the build was under way. So here it is...

I am building an Aquasport 52 - 15x30x52 oval pool and burying it 28" in the ground. I will also build a deck around the pool. I have attached a mock up of the rendering (it is slightly different from the final design) and then the final design blueprint. I am also attaching 20 or so pics in order of sucession from the start to current day. I hope all enjoy and please feel free to make suggestions or comments. I will always welcome any advice, constructive criticism, suggestions, comments, observations...good or bad ;)

Thanks all - I hope you enjoy.
Matt
Hi! Can you share where you purchased the Aquasport from? We are somewhat near you (Central Indiana) but can not seem to find a retailer who can answer our calls, let alone ship. Any direction would be greatly appreciated! Your posts are very informative!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.