My 18x52 Intex Ultra Build - Mods: skimmer, inlets,outlets, return-PVC Diagrams/Video

Re: My 18x52 Intex Ultra Build - Mods: skimmer, inlets,outlets, new return-PVC Diagra

Well, I finally got the new pool up and plumbed. Here are a few pics as promised.
Very nice.. looks like you may have similar pump/filter? Is that the 1.5 with 21" tank? How are you finding suction to be when you have both the suction port and hayward open at the same time? I find that i practically have to turn off the suction port to get really good hayward suction (enough it can hurt your fingers testing it if your not careful).. otherwise even at 50% on suction port and 100% on the skimmer, its still relatively weak on each. I still have to figure out why i have bad surface debris skimming too, i believe circulation pattern issues, flowing the wrong way or similar, though my hayward does get a ton of debris in the basket.

Yes to the pump and tank. I haven't played with the two ports yet. Just got everything done this weekend. With the skimmer, I've been working on adjusting the return eye to get the water to flow to the skimmer. Had some success, but found wind to be a determining factor also. I have a load of trees surrounding the pool, so the skimming is an important issue. Good privacy/relaxing atmosphere is the trade-off.
I could only post the 3 pics due to limits. I'll try to post some more later.

Yes to the pump and tank. I haven't played with the two ports yet. Just got everything done this weekend. With the skimmer, I've been working on adjusting the return eye to get the water to flow to the skimmer. Had some success, but found wind to be a determining factor also. I have a load of trees surrounding the pool, so the skimming is an important issue. Good privacy/relaxing atmosphere is the trade-off.
I could only post the 3 pics due to limits. I'll try to post some more later.
Similar situations then.. i'd be curious how your PSI is (and if you used the full 200lbs of sand).. mine is around 17 psi right now before adding solar to the mix.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
... With the skimmer, I've been working on adjusting the return eye to get the water to flow to the skimmer. Had some success, but found wind to be a determining factor also...

If you can get a 90° elbow for the return (we used our vacuum elbow), point it away from the skimmer, you'll get some circulation (in this pic we're "aerating" to raise PH), usually that is pointed down about 45°
poolaerationreturn.JPG

Reactions: thefloatqueen
Vince, I got the Ultra Frame 18’ x 52” that came with the ladder, sand filter, cover and tarp. I plan on replacing the filter to a more powerful one regardless. And believe me there will be pics galore! I’m in central Ohio so it’s still chilly here but we are going to start digging in the next couple days hopefully! I’ll be posting pics and asking questions (and probably crying lol) throughout the whole process. I’m super excited! Never owned a pool before! I posted a photo of the box so you can see what it came with.

Attachments

• D8A4B5F0-2421-45DC-84DA-26A5F1093493.jpeg
    D8A4B5F0-2421-45DC-84DA-26A5F1093493.jpeg
    459.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: splashpad
I am having issues connecting Hayward skimmer to PVC pipe. The list shows 435015RMC from Lowes but I cannot figure out how to attach to skimmer?
I'm trying to go off memory, but the lasco part has male threads, so the piece just above that (coming out of the skimmer) should be female and screws into it. I think the piece above came with the skimmer, or maybe i swapped it for another female threaded piece that i forgot to list.. ill look at it up close later when i can and see if i can tell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.