aasheff

Aug 3, 2021
West Bend, Wisconsin
I’ve been SLAM’ing for close to a week - my second time doing so because I think I jumped the gun a day or two early last time I believe. I have passed the OCLT three mornings in a row. CC is virtually zero. But there is still a small amount of mustard algae every 12 hours or so, when I vacuum to waste. Water is otherwise very clean and clear. Is it time to crank it up to mustard algae level to kill off the last little bit? Or keep SLAM’ing until nothing is coming back?

**Photo included for reference in case this is no longer mustard algae. It doesn’t look like sand like it did. It’s darker so maybe it’s just debris that’s settled.

Attachments

• 0BBA4FCC-5E37-4EAA-99CF-59C08CCEB8B8.jpeg
    0BBA4FCC-5E37-4EAA-99CF-59C08CCEB8B8.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 26
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Once you have successfully pass all 3 SLAM criteria as noted on the SLAM Process page, then you have the green light to increase your FC to the appropriate MA level, but only for 24 hours. Hope that helps.

Happy to be here. I’ve been reading your stuff all year and this is my first day actually registering and asking a question.

OCLT ✅
CC < 0.5 ✅
Clear water - I really don’t know whether I passed. The water is clear - not cloudy. But there is still what appears to be algae collecting at the bottom so do I keep up the SLAM until that’s gone? And can anyone confirm that it is in fact mustard algae?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 11
A few questions just to ensure we're not overlooking anything:
- Any chance what you are seeing is something falling into the pool from above or nearby? If so, I suppose you would see it around the decking.
- Have you tried placing a thin sock over the return jets just to see if any of it is getting blown back into the pool?
- Are you able to capture any of that stuff to examine it out of the water?
- When was the last time the sand was deep cleaned?
- Which Taylor test kit are you using?
- Last but not lease .. :) ... Your Poolmath test logs are not yet linked to your TFP profile. Can you post a full set of water test results?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.