Mustard Algae? Dead Algae? Tree Pollen?

It depends, SLAMs differ from pool to pool based on a lot of factors, including how often you are able to test and bump FC back up. Let’s have a look at your latest numbers, and a photo!

Still want a pic!

How often are you testing FC, and how much drop are you experiencing between tests and additions?

You are so close - that looks great!

If if you are still using the skimmer sock and catching the stuff in it, rub some of it between your fingers to see what it feels like.

I’m wondering if this stuff is dust or pollen, and if so, you could try the OCLT.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
They look good... looks like you are targeting CYA 50, which is good since 40 was still visible. How much chlorine are you losing overnight?

Do, let’s see where you are.

I really feel you are right on the edge. Pool is looking so good!

Well some how it went up over night. FC was 22 at about 10pm last night and it had been about an hour and a half since last chemical addition. This morning at 6:30 it was 24. So I'm not sure what's going on here. I tested it twice this morning and got the same number both times.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.