Mustard Algae? Dead Algae? Tree Pollen?

Sorry, I think the last thing I saw was that you needed to clean behind your light. Keep SLAMming, you are getting there!

Ok, didn’t understand that from other post. Just brush everything and keep slamming!

Hang in there. I know it is frustrating, but you WILL get there, and your pool will be awesome!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This stuff has got to be coming from the filter. I drained about 30-40% of the water yesterday and sucked every bit of it out. Began filling the pool up this morning. When I got home from work there was none of it on the bottom. Just turned the filter back on and 15mins later it's all over the place.

I'm really thinking of changing out all the filter media. It is zeolite right now. I want to just switch to sand.

Thoughts???

I was working on a slam only to find out my CYA was still too high. I just did another drain. About to retest my CYA and see where I’m at. Pool finished filling at 5. Pump has almost been on for 2 hrs.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ve had this issue since Hurricane Harvey hit. All the stores were closed and I ran out of chemicals. I dumped so many bags of shock and yellow stuff to try and combate it. Nothing would ever really work. I just keeps coming back. I have even taken apart my filter and washed it all out.

Have you read Pool School? There’s a section that deals with mustard algae that tells you what to do. Getting your CYA to a lower level was a good start.

Here you go.

Have you read Pool School? There’s a section that deals with mustard algae that tells you what to do. Getting your CYA to a lower level was a good start.

Here you go.

When I test my CYA do I keep adding the drops to the small tube till I absolutely can not see the black dot anymore? I begin to lose sight of it but then I refocus and see it again. Right now it is reading somewhere between 50-60. I was hoping it was going to be lower. I drained so much yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Here you go.

Also I lean towards pollen because it is everywhere on the bottom and never on the sides. I have so many oak trees and pecan trees in and around my yard. They have been dropping since mid March. Our cars will be totally yellow from the pollen.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.