Murphy Texas IG Pool

Unreal! They have a scheduler that does their job AND the crew shows up when they say they will??????????? Well you DO have photo proof so I guess it is true............there IS a PB that is awesome and YOU found them!!!! :slidehalo: LOL

All kidding aside, if you have read these build threads you will know just how good your PB is!

Do you have a "job" coming up. When the steel is put in take your tape measure and make sure it is long, wide, deep, etc enough. Add about 6 inches for the gunite and plaster. I am guessing it will be spot on but better safe than sorry!

Kim:kim:

Yes, what Kim said! I didn't do that, and we had a washout rain the day before gunnite shoot, and my shallow end had way too much slope to it--too deep. Caught it a few days later walking around in the shell. Crew had to come back and add more material two weeks later. Turned out fine, but not exactly to spec.

Hauk is a top tier builder in this area. They are remodeling and adding a few pools to their showroom property, they are going to own the market north of 121.

Kim...I will take a measurement soon...good advise as always.

Steel guys showed up at 8am just like the PB said. They were not RB employees and had a different posture to their communication. So they backed into my drive way, rolled a tire into the grass right where the backwash drain line was placed last week. I let the guy know and he said, "it's just a little". LOL.

Not going to sweat it and will email the PB later to advise of this and one other issue. They will have to dig it up to make sure it's not cracked. It's probably OK since my sprinkler line is backed over twice a week by the wife....reverse is her white whale.

Finished product...the stairs were not caged and I was advised this was a possibility as this phase was starting. They will steel it when they shoot the gunite.

Another questions....Texas is about to get blasted by a cold front, dropping to 25 from 70.....We have yet to experience this in the 27 years living in Texas. After speaking to the building inspector for Murphy, the city requires the temp to be 38 and rising for cement to be poured. This will be ok if they shoot it tomorrow, Thursday or Friday but how would this play out for the curing process. Spraying water on the shell while it's 22 degrees outside sounds problematic.

Another questions....Texas is about to get blasted by a cold front, dropping to 25 from 70.....We have yet to experience this in the 27 years living in Texas. After speaking to the building inspector for Murphy, the city requires the temp to be 38 and rising for cement to be poured. This will be ok if they shoot it tomorrow, Thursday or Friday but how would this play out for the curing process. Spraying water on the shell while it's 22 degrees outside sounds problematic.

Water actually gives up heat as it freezes, but that really doesn't have any bearing here . . . I would make certain the air temperatures are adequate according to local code first. Second, since the ground contains a good deal of heat, the key is to preserve that heat to keep your shell from freeezing. Insulated concrete blankets would be one way, but probably scarce in your area. The other is to use heavy mil visqueen sheeting to cover everything. This will keep the cold and drying wind off the shell and preserve warmth and moisture next to the shell. Just leave it covered for three to five days, depending on ambient temps. If it warms up, and the plastic looks dry underneath, peel it back and begin wetting the shell daily until you have seven days cure time.

The steel passed city inspection and the PB confirmed they will shoot it Friday. The freeze is coming and I asked my super about the curing, temperature and hosing it. Was told it's not an issue and to do my best to wet it. Will certainly ask about the plastic sheeting as winds are expected to gust 30-40mph.

It must be a bigger issue in the hotter months to keep it wet.

Our city doesn't judge the technique of the pools builders steel, meaning the use of 10x10, 12x12, rebar gauge, etc. They are only interested that the pool is bonded. That is the grounding looking wire that ran through the cage. From what the PB told me electrical strikes can bubble a foundation in a house because of the rebar. Pool is the same thing and just as problematic.

Thanks E.

Gunite complete. Notice the two holes near the main drains. These are covered up by the plaster later and allow water from the ground to gather in the shell rather than lifting the bowl. They were finished in 4 hours and all the trucks had the PBs name on them.

Gunite 061.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is the time I share some links with you. It is a lot of info. so I like to get it to you a little early so you have time to read over it and have time to learn it.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Do you know what test kit the PB is giving you? If not find out so we can fill in any holes it might have.

It IS exciting! That is a big thing off the check list! Did they do as good a job as it looks from the picture? How does the skimmer box look? That is where you can really tell if they know what they are doing!

Do you think they did a good job on the skimmer? The rest of the tile looked really clean.

They just showed up with the equipment and are placing it on the pad. The PB is on break next week but hopefully the sub'd out electrician can complete their tasks. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.

Pool Equipment 019.jpg

It IS exciting! That is a big thing off the check list! Did they do as good a job as it looks from the picture? How does the skimmer box look? That is where you can really tell if they know what they are doing!

It's a little hard to tell on the grout as it looks like there is some that needs (or needed) to be wiped off. However, it looks not good to me. They should have done some partial tiles on the sides so they would reach the bottom. I'd want better.

It's a little hard to tell on the grout as it looks like there is some that needs (or needed) to be wiped off. However, it looks not good to me. They should have done some partial tiles on the sides so they would reach the bottom. I'd want better.

What he said^^^^^. I do like how they did the bottom. It looks very even and clean but where the sides meet the bottom? Nope, not good enough. It looks like it is not "finished". Sloppy.

One of these is a main drain and the other is an optional return. The optional return doesn't get plumbed to the Chlorinator.

What type or function do those returns in the middle of the pool (post #18) provide? I've never seen any that look like that- (ie in the center, triplex pipes)

- - - Updated - - -

I will put this on my punch list for my next meeting. Appreciate the feedback.

Pool Equipment 2 005 diagram.jpg

Attachments

• Pool Equipment 014.jpg
    Pool Equipment 014.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 231
What he said^^^^^. I do like how they did the bottom. It looks very even and clean but where the sides meet the bottom? Nope, not good enough. It looks like it is not "finished". Sloppy.

Appreciate both your input. The PB confirmed that it is not up to par and will address it. Another example of in house vs outside sub contracting the work.

I noticed my booster pump run doesn't go through a filter/chlorination nor can I determine where the system draws water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.