Silver Supporter
Jul 3, 2020
West Hills, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am having an issue with my pool. For the past month, I have been putting in the recommended amount of muriatic acid and it is having only 40% of the projected effect. Similar issue with my SWCG - not having as much impact as it did last year. Could it be a TDS problem?

Okay - it happened again. Added the pool math recommended amount of Muriatic Acid to get it down to 7.2 from 8.1 and it only went to 7.5. Also, did an overnight test on my SWCG. Pool math says based on run time, run % and output of my cell I should have seen a 2.8 ppm gain in FC over the 8.5 hours I ran it. I experienced a 1.5 ppm gain. Any advice is appreciated. I realize I need to shock the pool, not sure if I should SLAM. Pool is crystal clear. Here are my levels:

FC: 6.73
TC: 7.12
pH: 7.5
TA: 62
Hardness: 518
CYA: 67
Phosphates 164
Salt: 3500

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We don't want any pool store numbers fouling up the data. Please test the water yourself and post those (and only those) numbers.

Unfortunately pool store testing throws this entire thread to pieces. We can't diagnose a problem based off of unreliable testing.

Reactions: mknauss
Any chance your pool is bigger than you think it is? And do you have the proper size entered into POOLMATH?

Be careful using a short run time to determine swcg output. The cycle time of the unit can impact your fc generation.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.