Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi - I’m helping repair my elderly parents leaking multiport. Water is coming up below the handle in filter mode and in backwash. I think I’ve identified the need to remove and replace the o-ring on the handle shaft. I may also go ahead and replace the spider gasket, but seems that is fine. Can you just remove the handle and shaft or do you have to remove whole top assembly for access to the o ring? They had a company replace the DE filter, multiport, and pump 3 yrs ago. So I was surprised to see this “Pac Fab” listed on the multiport as my understanding was Pentair changed to their name many years ago. In any event, any help on identifying which multiport they have based on the attached photo (or where I can locate part #) so I can order correct parts to fix? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 3F6EEBD7-D002-43FC-841B-13A2E3654672.jpeg
    3F6EEBD7-D002-43FC-841B-13A2E3654672.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 14
That is striking close to the same MPV in THIS THREAD, and the part number for that MPV was 261142. I suspect like most valves, you'll need to remove the screws surrounding the top lip that hold the top portion on to get to the guts, but I would like @Bama Rambler or @JamesW to confirm.

The multiport has an 8-98 on it which is probably the date of manufacturing.

If it was replaced 3 years ago, it would say Pentair, not PacFab.

Are you sure that the filter and multiport were replaced?

Do you have a picture of the filter label and date code?

Do you have a picture of the whole system?

Last edited:
Thank you all for the feedback. My thoughts were the same. I definitely noticed a new multiport, filter, and pump as they were/are much whiter than the older yellowish color of the old MPV. So was surprised with the pac fab reference. Will take pic of whole system this weekend and look closer for date of filter. I did take a photo of filter previously (attached) given their old DE was a smaller unit and this one is much larger (higher). Notice also it says manufactured by PAC Fab and not Pentair. ?. Hmmm....wonder if this is old inventory that was just passed on to my parents when they replaced? They didn’t use a high volume pool builder and just used the maintenance firm who cleans their pool. I did notice it seemed to be new and in good condition when I did first backwash and filter breakdown for them several yrs ago. But still, kind of irked if they got equipment manufactured in ‘98. Pool was built in 2000 so think they got about 16yrs with old Nautilus DE filter. Thanks for confirming need to pull top assembly off to get to that o-ring. Dang - thought that would be a simple fix. But should still be a pretty straight forward repair. Will order that part and get to work. Many thanks again folks!

Attachments

• 66238D4A-6209-4782-A904-CE7A6A1E6726.jpeg
    66238D4A-6209-4782-A904-CE7A6A1E6726.jpeg
    349.5 KB · Views: 8
Definitely odd that they got such old equipment. Maybe someone had some new old stock that they found in a warehouse?

You can see the date code punched out on the filter label at the bottom.

I don't think that the Pac-Fab label was used past 2000.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.