Pentair Multivalve 27-2120 Leaking

swjim

Jul 3, 2011
Hi all,

My multi-valve is leaking and after some searching here I believe I need to replace the spider gasket/seal diverter. I've looked on several parts suppliers but I haven't been able to confirm whether or not the gaskets online will fit the model valve that I have. It is a 2" Pentair 27-2120 (pic attached). I've found some gaskets online with part numbers such as 272409 and 271148 but the descriptions don't mention that they will fit my model 27-2120.

Has anyone else replaced the gasket on this model? If so, can you please offer me some guidance as to which part I should order?

Thanks!

Jim

Attachments

• Pool Valve.jpg
    Pool Valve.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 77
Using a valve in backflow mode all the time

Hey guys! First post here...google sent me :)

Funny...I looked at the label and assumed the exact same thing!!! Who would have ever thought the label has it's own model number!

Anyways I have the same valve apparently...and it's hooked up to a Nautilus NSS-48 DE filter.

Now...this filter has seen better days...the stainless side wall on the bottom is cracked on both sides.

SO...I got a replacement...I got a Pentair QUAD D.E. Cartridge Style Filter that I'm really excited about.

Opened up the manual to figure out how to install it and BLAMO :hammer: "The Pentair Quad D.E. Filter has a different flow pattern than ALL other blah blah blah"

Bottom line is there are a few options.... 261055, 261173, 261050, 261165, 263034

NOW...back to the OP's post...since my inlet on my current filter is on the bottom...and my new inlet is on top...couldn't I just use the same valve and put it in "backwash" position instead of filter position and rotate the sticker around and save myself $150!?

TIA for your help :goodjob: :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.