Multi port valve handle

Jun 7, 2015
Wamego/KS
I have noticed the washer right under my handle is cracked. I have a new one to replace it. Do I need to take the screws out of the valve and take it apart or can I just tap the pin out and replace the handle without taking apart?
I also notice that my handle is a little limp and not real tight when set in position. Could this new washer also fix that issue or would that be something else?

I am not sue exactly what part you need to get to but I would take the pin out and handle off and see how far you get.

would you recommend I take it apart and check the O rings and spring as well?

I would have replacement O rings and springs in hand before you open it up.

I usually replace all the O rings once one begins leaking.

I have noticed the washer right under my handle is cracked. I have a new one to replace it. Do I need to take the screws out of the valve and take it apart or can I just tap the pin out and replace the handle without taking apart?
I also notice that my handle is a little limp and not real tight when set in position. Could this new washer also fix that issue or would that be something else?
I had to remove the entire valve key (top part) to remove the pin and handle from my Pentair. There are a number of YouTube videos on doing this. Some suggest standing on it to compress the spring and give you access to the pin but I used clamps to compress it and then punched out the pin.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.