Movement of Pavers - New Travertine Paver Installation

I recently had our pool and adjacent patio renovated recently and I am wondering how much vertical movement in the first 6 months to 1 year can be typically expected with a new travertine paver patio that was dryset ?
Currently the installation is approximately 3 months old and there have been a lot of the pavers moving 1/8" to 1/4" vertically. It just seems like there should not be this much movement with a new paver installation.

Let me know what you think. TIA

First post, cool!

We've got a bunch of pavers (not travertine) that are dry set. They were installed 4 or so years ago. I don't remember the number but way over 1k sq ft. I can probably count on 1 hand the number that have settled lower than others. None have shifted higher.

Reactive soils can move your pavers. If your sand, scallops or grade substrate is/was not packed hard or thick enough and you on a trap or clay, then as the ground absorbes water or dries out the clay swells or contracts. Up and down. Over time this may become a wave or just soft spots. Good news for dry laying is, you can lift and pack if it gets out of hand or use a wacka machine to vibrate everything to a +/- level. (With a piece or old carpet on the base plat so as not to scratch the surface)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.