Moved to House with Old Plaster Pool

Extremewx

May 24, 2020
Toms River, nj
I just moved to Texas and the house had an old plaster pool which I intend to replace when it cools down. There are three plaster options, White, Quartz, PebbleTec. Which would be preferable (looking for longevity as well as comfort)?

I just went swimming in it and my skin feels dry and itchy after. I tested the water and I got the following readings

FC: 9.5
CC: 0.5
PH: 7.2
TA: 60
CH: 1125
CYA: 80

I figure this feeling is due to the high CH? Seems like I'd need to replace a ton of water as the only solution, correct (which would suck as I'm planning on replastering in a few months)?

Thanks for the response.

I just moved to Texas and the house had an old plaster pool which I intend to replace when it cools down. There are three plaster options, White, Quartz, PebbleTec. Which would be preferable (looking for longevity as well as comfort)?

They can all last equally long with good water chemistry and can all be destroyed by bad water chemistry.

If you never was in a pebble pool I suggest you try one before buying.

In my opinion polished quartz is the smoothest, most comfortable, and long lasting.

The CH can have an effect (my wife calls it dry water) but the lower pH can also be an issue. Let the pH come up some. It will be in scaling tendency area, but at that CH, you have little choice on that.

Reactions: Extremewx
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.