Move sand pump/filter to the corner of Intex Ultra 12x24 Retangular Pool

NJSwimmom

May 4, 2020
New Jersey
Completely newbie question. I'm almost finished setting up my Intex Ultra12x24 Retangular Pool and now need to install the filter/pump. I was wondering if I could move the Krystal Clear Sand Filter/Pump over by 10 feet away from the intake and returns, so that it would sit at the corner of the 12x24 rectangular pool instead of centered? There would be no change in elevation- just a straight 10 feet to the right. This would require either some extra Intex hosing to stretch the additional 10 feet or PVC. Just a FYI that I also upgraded from the smaller stock 12in sand filter pump and will be using the largest 16in 3000 GPH filter pump (no salt water generator).

Are there any reason this might be a bad idea or affect the performance of the pump/filter? Has anyone been able to easily connect an extra 10 feet of Intex hosing to the existing 1.5mm hoses/connectors?

Completely newbie question. I'm almost finished setting up my Intex Ultra12x24 Retangular Pool and now need to install the filter/pump. I was wondering if I could move the Krystal Clear Sand Filter/Pump over by 10 feet away from the intake and returns, so that it would sit at the corner of the 12x24 rectangular pool instead of centered? There would be no change in elevation- just a straight 10 feet to the right. This would require either some extra Intex hosing to stretch the additional 10 feet or PVC. Just a FYI that I also upgraded from the smaller stock 12in sand filter pump and will be using the largest 16in 3000 GPH filter pump (no salt water generator).

Are there any reason this might be a bad idea or affect the performance of the pump/filter? Has anyone been able to easily connect an extra 10 feet of Intex hosing to the existing 1.5mm hoses/connectors?
Your pump will never know the difference. You could use pvc and a couple of adapters if you're handy to extended your plumbing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.