samyournot

Nov 28, 2009
I'm considering replacing a Jandy Stealth single-speed pump with a Calimar variable-speed pump. According to their respective manuals, the Jandy inlet is 10.375" high [attachment 1]. The Calimar inlet is 9.126" high [attachment 2]. So, let's say the Calimar is 1.25" lower than the Jandy. I'd rather not have to redo the suction-side plumbing, so I'm thinking of mounting the new pump on some sort of riser.

Right now, I'm leaning toward attaching a bunch of little rubber feet to the bottom of the pump. I'm thinking the hard rubber should be able to withstand the elements.

Q1: Is there any flaw in my logic? Am I missing any fundamental reason why this wouldn't work?

Q2: Any better ideas on what to use as a riser?

I know Black & Decker makes a version of this pump that includes an optional riser. According to its manual [attachment 3], it increases the height of the pump by 1.375". The part alone costs approx $100. So, I ruled out that option due to cost and being .125" too high.

Thanks, all.

Attachments

• 1679274344123.png
    1679274344123.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 1679274496775.png
    1679274496775.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 1679276730020.png
    1679276730020.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 4
Rubber feet doesn’t sound like they’ll last outside very long. Why not just a concrete paver or piece of wood that’s an inch thick? ( depends where you’re located I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude and jsygrls
I used pavers to raise my pump. Something like this:

00390770.jpg

Lowes and HD have them.

Reactions: Newdude
Thanks, all.

Concrete paver was my first thought, but all the ones I looked at were too thick (1.5" or more). Looking more closely today, I do see a few that are 1.25". Will put some more thought into it.
Regarding longevity...I was wondering about that. I'm picturing hard rubber, similar to a car tire. And if it's beneath the pump, it's not exposed to direct sunlight. But, I dunno .. why I was soliciting opinions. I also wondered if the rubber would absorb vibrations and if there's any practical benefit to that.

I had considered rubber floor tiles (like you'd see in on a gym floor). I hadn't thought about horse mats.
I also hadn't thought about pouring a custom concrete block. Probably not my first choice, but will keep in mind also.

Right now, I'm leaning back toward the concrete pavers. Will ponder some more as I wait for pump to arrive. Thanks, again.

Reactions: mas985
I also hadn't thought about pouring a custom concrete block.
Just frame it in place and pour it.

This will allow you to get the exact right height and it will be bonded to the underlying concrete to reduce vibration.

Or you can get rubber mats.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.