Mounting Pool control panel, on the wall or on a piece of wood smack in the middle of the rest of the pool pad?

redturboeclipse

Jun 14, 2021
Sacramento, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So the PB initially told me the pool control panel I believe a Hayward Omnilogic would be mounted right by the all the action of pipes/filters/etc using what I've typically seen which is on some wood stake or something.

It looks like I have an option to mount it right on the wall 3 ft away from the pool pad just at the edge of the corner. Roof eave would actually also make it less exposed to the elemnts though im sure its supposed to withstand the outdoor.

Did anyone ever go through situation of not wanting the control panel just mounted on a piece of wood standing freely but make the effort to be against the wall?

I mounted mine on the wall intentionally because:
  • I didn't want to trip around on the pad over control wiring and piping
  • I definitely did not want to have to bend over or squat to open it
  • I had a several wall locations at each end of my pad that were plenty close enough
If I hadn't had a location on the wall I would have mounted it on a solid post installed at the end of the pad. I see no advantage to putting it in the middle of the pad other than potentially less wire is used.

Chris

Red,

Mine is on a wall just outside the pool shed.. Works perfect for me. Initially there was no pool shed, but I'll still put it where is it now...

The pic was original about a standalone spa, but you can see the EasyTouch on the wall in the background.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.