Motherboard

Karenleone19

Jan 19, 2019
Wellington Florida
HELP!

Iahve a pentair water pool and spa automation with easy touch intelli touch pool and spa control. I replaced the motherboard, got the panels and easy touch remote communicating but now can’t get the pool or spa to turn on.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Karen

Attachments

• 89B62665-6C46-48AE-907C-239068B7144C.jpeg
    89B62665-6C46-48AE-907C-239068B7144C.jpeg
    518.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 00E7F956-E67E-42CE-A437-D38742E58F95.jpeg
    00E7F956-E67E-42CE-A437-D38742E58F95.jpeg
    1,004.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 1E08226A-1F06-427A-B08E-6C7B7C0E6193.jpeg
    1E08226A-1F06-427A-B08E-6C7B7C0E6193.jpeg
    569.6 KB · Views: 8
Karen,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to learn all about your pool automation system...

Tell us more about the problem you are having... The mother board is where all the programs are stored, did they get reloaded?

What kind of pump do you have?

Do any of the buttons do what they should.. For a simple example.. If your Aux 1 button is for the "Pool light", does it turn on the pool light when pushed or not.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Calling @ogdento

Last edited:
Hi Jim

Thank you for responding. I had replaced the mother board because it was not communicating with the remote. I hooked all the wires up in the same places that were on the previous board. I then got the two communicating but obviously missed a step. I went thru the whole test thing all the lights light up on the panel when I press the buttons, but nothing turns on.

Karen,

Did you reload the programing?

I still need to know what kind of pump your have.. single speed, two speed or variable speed.

I believe that even if not programmed, that just pushing the Aux 1 button should close the Aux 1 relay, But I need to double check that..

Let's see of we can get @ogdento to chime in and see what he says..

Have you checked the three little circuit breakers in the upper right of the main panel?

Be right back,

Jim R.

Karen,

You have a VS IntelliFlo pump.. When connected to the EasyTouch the display should say "Display not Active" which means it is communicating with the EasyTouch. In your pic the display shows zero RPM.. This means you are either in the Service mode, or your pump is not talking to the ET..

As a quick test... from the outside unit, put the system into Auto by pressing the mode button.. Then see if the pump says "Display Not Active" or not..

Please let me know if you can cycle through the modes... Auto, Service, Timeout and then back to Auto.

I have yet to hear back from Ogdento..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply... as Jim says, we want the pump to show "display not active" on it's screen. if it does not show that, it's not talking to the Easytouch board. In the past I've had to hit the reset button on the ET board to get it to talk to the pump, so give that a try.

I'll have to double check that the ET remote actually stores the program - I know the indoor controller does but I think the last time I tried to use a remote to store it, it did not work but instead just tried to read it from the outdoor unit.

Karen, do you still have the original board?

Jim, the alert finally worked ;)

Karen,

I was just "talking" with Ogdento and he explained how the remote stores a back up copy of the programming. When you install a new motherboard, there is no user programming in it. When you fire up the system and the remote, it should say something like "Hey, Remote does not match Outdoor Unit" and it gives you two options.. the Default is to transfer the info from the Outdoor unit into the Remote.. You want option 2 which is transfer the info in the Remote into the Outdoor unit.

Unfortunately, if you selected the default, all your programing is gone.. Do you remember seeing any of this at all???

We also discussed the fact that even without any programming, if you push an Aux button, that the corresponding relay should close. So if you push the Aux button that normally turns on your pool light, the pool light should turn on whether you have programs loaded or not..

You reported that this did not work, which would indicate that you may be missing the voltage that powers your relays...

Looking at the outside unit, can you cycle from Auto to Service to Time Out and then back to Auto??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
when you press one of the other aux buttons that you used to use, do you hear a click?

also, why was the original board replaced? (communication error, bad lcd, relay driver problem, something else?)

Thanks,
Tom

Yes there is a click sound. I replaced the mother board
1) couldn’t see the display
2) after speaking with pentair trying to get panel and easy touch remote to communicate they told me I needed to replace the motherboard

This is what the pump says now

Attachments

• D5A780B2-6752-420E-920B-9EADA413DFDE.jpeg
    D5A780B2-6752-420E-920B-9EADA413DFDE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
Karen,

See my post #9.. Do you remember loading the program from your remote??

Either way, I'd like you to go out to your outside unit and go into schedules.. To get into your schedules, do the following...

Menu, then scroll down to Schedules, Select schedules and you will see something like the following... (This is a list of my "circuits" yours, if there, will have different names, but the idea is to see if you have anything loaded to you new motherboard..)

Spa - 3
Pool - 2
Pool Light 0
Malibu LTS - 1
Pad Light - 0
Skim Low - 3
Skim High - 0
Waterfall - 1

Please let Tom and I know what you see..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim,

Yes I saw your post #9, as far as any message saying “remote doesn’t match”; I don’t recall seeing anything like that. I did have to do a wireless address search to get remote to talk to panel. Never had a message asking to transfer info from remote to unit.

The lights work in the pool when I press the Aux button. Yes I can cycle they Auto, service, time out and back to auto.

Sorry if I’m making you crazy, everything your stepping me thru so far is working, other then the pool firing up......

Attachments

• E9978F08-87C7-42C6-8294-F2DFE177ED8C.jpeg
    E9978F08-87C7-42C6-8294-F2DFE177ED8C.jpeg
    598.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 4A6D1CDC-DFA3-4C37-8AEE-91E8F4B2E0C5.jpeg
    4A6D1CDC-DFA3-4C37-8AEE-91E8F4B2E0C5.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 1
Karen,

You are doing great... It appears to me that you have a least some schedules, which is good news..

I suspect that whoever programmed your system never bothered to name things.. Like your Aux 1 = Pool Lights.. But that does not really matter..

This time I need you to check to see if your pump is set up correctly...

Menu, then Setting, then IntelliFlo, then Pump#1 (if you have it), then the screen should say something like..

"Pump Type VS" - make sure it says VS

Scroll down to Speeds and Select.. Tell me what you see... Mine says this..

Pump #1 1/8 .... This means I have programmed 8 speeds. by pressing the up arrow key I can see 2/8, 3/8, etc..
RPM 1250 .... This tells the pump to run at 1250 RPM when the system is in the "Pool" mode..
CIRCUIT
{ Pool]

Thanks,

ahh good, it looks like the schedules are there - that indicates that the new board was indeed blank, and that since it was blank it just copied your programming from the wireless remote (which explains why you never saw a message)

i'll wait for Jim on why the pump won't go ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.