Motherboard

Karen,

On the surface, I can't think how that could happen.. So more questions I am afraid...

Tell us what is starting the pump... Do you have a schedule that tells the pump to start... Something like start at 7 am and stop at 7 pm... Or.. are you manually pushing the pump/filter button the on the main panel?

What does the pump's display say when it shuts off???

This is kind of a two my street here at TFP... Please tell us what Pentair had you do to get the pump running at all????

Thanks,

Jim R.

Karen,,,

Also... Where did you get your replacement board? I ask because I recently bought a used card that still had programming in it.. I did not know this and it actually combined some of my programs with some of the programs that were in the card.. It caused all kinds of weird problems that just did not make any sense... To fix the problem, I had to reset the memory and delete all the programs and then reload everything from scratch...

Jim R.

Hey Karen, I'm hoping Jim's got you fixed up... but I don't see any of the attachments? Maybe they didn't upload correctly?

Hope these pictures come thru. I reset everything on panel with the Pentair customer service pool turned on then off within a minute there’s a fan sound that stays on when pool goes off. Still can’t get it running

Attachments

• B151EE25-265C-4484-85E1-CD6D8382097C.jpeg
    B151EE25-265C-4484-85E1-CD6D8382097C.jpeg
    849.8 KB · Views: 2
  • CA5177FC-BE99-4071-9D21-5DE5531D3EAA.jpeg
    CA5177FC-BE99-4071-9D21-5DE5531D3EAA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • DA56AA08-9EA2-4910-9787-B616724D2F4B.jpeg
    DA56AA08-9EA2-4910-9787-B616724D2F4B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 2
Karen,

When the display says "Display not active", that means the EasyTouch has control over your pump. The EasyTouch tells the pump when to run and at what speed to run.

In theory, if the ET is telling the pump to run and it is not running, the display should show some type of fault..

Can you check to see what the pump's display says right after it shuts off...

To be honest, I can't think of anything that would shut the pump off, one minute after it starts...

Maybe it is a terminology thing.. When the pump first starts, it will go through a prime cycle, which takes a minute or so... During the prime cycle the pump will run at almost full speed and be very loud. After it primes, the pump will step down to the speed that the ET has told it to run.. If that speed is very low, like 1000 RPM or less, the pump will almost look and sound like it is not working...

Two things to check.. Go out a stick your hand in the pool and see if you can feel the water coming out of any return... If you can the pump is running...

Check what speed the pump is being told to run...

Menu, Settings, IntelliFlo, Pump #1, select Status you should see something like the following...

RPM -- 1200
Watts -- 290
Status Normal..

Please let me know what you find..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Karen,

(see your email)..

OK,

It appears to me that the EasyTouch is telling the pump to run at zero RPM, which it appears to be doing.. So, the next thing to do is check what RPM is linked to the POOL circuit...

Menu, Settings, IntelliFlo, Pump #1, Then select Speeds...

You will see something like the following..

Pump#1 1/8 Pushing the up and dn arrows will move it to a new circuit.. I want to see what the RPM is set to for the POOL circuit, just like this sample
RPM 1200
Circuit
[ POOL ]

If the RPM for the POOL circuit reads 0, then that is your problem.. Just select RPM and adjust it to the speed you want.. You can do the same for the other 7 speeds if you need to.

Please let me know how that turns out,

Jim R.

Karen,

So glad you were able to figure it out...

Our whole goal here at TFP is to help pool owners understand how their pools work.. so I'll put this one in our victory bucket...

Thanks for the feedback as it may help others in the future...

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.