shurst

Feb 26, 2022
Atlanta
Pool Size
HELP!!!! Really truly need help. Head is spinning. Internet is making it worse. I’m looking for that beautiful white sands, turquoise water pebble Tec color. We love Tahoe Blue when the sun shines on it, but when it’s cloudy I’m worried it looks like a dark pond. (I think, this is based on internet pics but the internet has been known to lie 🤪). I really want a color that looks light on cloudy days too, but not so light it looks like a public plaster pool on sunny days. Is that like finding a unicorn? I attached a pic of what I think I’m looking for.

Also, what would you say is the lightest “medium blue” or the darkest “light blue” in the pebble tec family?

And finally, anyone use flagstone that is light? I’d like to find flagstone to compliment ivory travertine.

Please send pics of your beautiful pools!!!

Attachments

• 00285856-3432-4DFD-AC10-794A223E46BA.png
    00285856-3432-4DFD-AC10-794A223E46BA.png
    450 KB · Views: 115
Welcome to TFP.

To find colors of different plaster finishes look at the Pool Finish and Color Viewing Room.

Pool colors look different with different lighting and weather. Even the reflections of the colors surrounding your pool from the house and foliage can make yours look different from others.

Hi there! Thanks for responding! I have checked out that thread and as helpful as it was in some ways, there was only Blue Surf Pebble Tec color to view. I’m asking specifically about the company Pebble Tec. I think my biggest concern is what the pool looks like when it’s overcast or shaded. Some look so dark! It I also don’t want it to be super light/white in the sunshine. Is there a middle ground? 😍

Thank you again for your help steering me in the right direction!

Hi there! Thanks for responding! I have checked out that thread and as helpful as it was in some ways, there was only Blue Surf Pebble Tec color to view. I’m asking specifically about the company Pebble Tec. I think my biggest concern is what the pool looks like when it’s overcast or shaded. Some look so dark! It I also don’t want it to be super light/white in the sunshine. Is there a middle ground? 😍

Thank you again for your help steering me in the right direction!
Hi! I know it is agonizing to commit to a color. Definitely one of the most time consuming parts about planning a pool (and fun?). On the viewing room, I see quite a few posts from Pebbletec, with a variety of the different finishes (pebbletec, sheen, etc). There is Bella Blue on the first page of the thread but I think that is discontinued. What about Aqua Blue Pebblesheen? I can tell you from experience, you probably don't want Blue Granite. I have it and love it but it does look dark in shade.

We had originally selected Midnight Blue. Right before plaster, and after many internet and brochure re-looks, we decided we had better see a pool in person. Our PB arranged us to visit some of their builds, and, new pool owners love to show you their pools. We found the Midnight too dark for us. We wanted maximum blue, minimum turquoise, and maintain a good depth clarity.

We ended up with Tahoe Blue, what seemed an in-between on all the choices, and just told ourselves we would love it no matter - a little mind game to get us off the OCD about color. As things turned out, we found it to be perfect, given many of the other blues we had toured.

But, the thing about it is that color and look of clarity is affected by so many things, and it's not a constant for any given day. It's morning and completely overcast here right now, and based on the pic you posted, if you asked me right now, I would say our pool is that exact look, but ask me at noon, or, when the sun is high, or at dusk, or from a different angle, and I will probably say different. Though it might look a little bluer at times, it never looks greener (what we wanted to avoid), but, at all times it's light enough I can tell you the screw head type on the drain by sight.

See if your PB will arrange for you to see some pools they have done recently.

Last edited:
We had originally selected Midnight Blue. Right before plaster, and after many internet and brochure re-looks, we decided we had better see a pool in person. Our PB arranged us to visit some of their builds, and, new pool owners love to show you their pools. We found the Midnight too dark for us. We wanted maximum blue, minimum turquoise, and maintain a good depth clarity.

We ended up with Tahoe Blue, what seemed an in-between on all the choices, and just told ourselves we would love it no matter - a little mind game to get us off the OCD about color. As things turned out, we found it to be perfect, given many of the other blues we had toured.

But, the thing about it is that color and look of clarity is affected by so many things, and it's not a constant for any given day. It's morning and completely overcast here right now, and based on the pic you posted, if you asked me right now, I would say our pool is that exact look, but ask me at noon, or, when the sun is high, or at dusk, or from a different angle, and I will probably say different. Though it might look a little bluer at times, it never looks greener (what we wanted to avoid), but, at all times it's light enough I can tell you the screw head type on the drain by sight.

See if your PB will arrange for you to see some pools they have done recently.
Thank you for your input!! We keep coming back to Tahoe Blue! How does yours look in overcast weather? Is it still fairly blue?

Hi! I know it is agonizing to commit to a color. Definitely one of the most time consuming parts about planning a pool (and fun?). On the viewing room, I see quite a few posts from Pebbletec, with a variety of the different finishes (pebbletec, sheen, etc). There is Bella Blue on the first page of the thread but I think that is discontinued. What about Aqua Blue Pebblesheen? I can tell you from experience, you probably don't want Blue Granite. I have it and love it but it does look dark in shade.
Thank you for your help! I have looked into Aqua blue, it’s so pretty!

Thank you for your input!! We keep coming back to Tahoe Blue! How does yours look in overcast weather? Is it still fairly blue?
This morning it looked like your pic, a clear aqua blue. That was with a fully overcast sky. In full sun, it appears clear blue. But, when going out to pools the PB had recently finished, I have seen this color, and others, behind homes and surrounded by close privacy fence. Here, shade and overcast are not remotely the same thing. In shade, they all appeared to be dark and lacked almost any color. There's not a tree, fence, or any shading structure around ours. I think that's why we found it to be more perfect for our preference than we had visualized from looking at previously.

HELP!!!! Really truly need help. Head is spinning. Internet is making it worse. I’m looking for that beautiful white sands, turquoise water pebble Tec color. We love Tahoe Blue when the sun shines on it, but when it’s cloudy I’m worried it looks like a dark pond. (I think, this is based on internet pics but the internet has been known to lie 🤪). I really want a color that looks light on cloudy days too, but not so light it looks like a public plaster pool on sunny days. Is that like finding a unicorn? I attached a pic of what I think I’m looking for.

Also, what would you say is the lightest “medium blue” or the darkest “light blue” in the pebble tec family?

And finally, anyone use flagstone that is light? I’d like to find flagstone to compliment ivory travertine.

Hi!! We just had our pool done with Mini Sand Pebble (with added Puerto Rican Blend Large). I am obsessed with how it turned out, the water literally looks like you are in Mykonos, Greece. Please excuse the rest of our backyard, the back stamped concrete goes in next week.

Attachments

• 0C31E28B-523C-486A-9751-483E1C569CF8.jpeg
    0C31E28B-523C-486A-9751-483E1C569CF8.jpeg
    495.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 4D2BF90D-C3F0-48A4-A8AB-9B772205DF2C.jpeg
    4D2BF90D-C3F0-48A4-A8AB-9B772205DF2C.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 69
  • DD9A7556-F035-4BA7-8EFE-025BC59E925D.jpeg
    DD9A7556-F035-4BA7-8EFE-025BC59E925D.jpeg
    536.8 KB · Views: 69
  • E1DA18DC-CE6F-470A-A19E-0601EFF9DBFD.jpeg
    E1DA18DC-CE6F-470A-A19E-0601EFF9DBFD.jpeg
    367 KB · Views: 74
  • 9B173C39-A674-4903-B72B-4821F96D2FD2.jpeg
    9B173C39-A674-4903-B72B-4821F96D2FD2.jpeg
    560.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 7AEB9F84-0C5D-4DE8-88FB-136DD8D9BDAF.jpeg
    7AEB9F84-0C5D-4DE8-88FB-136DD8D9BDAF.jpeg
    499 KB · Views: 70
  • 140BD8EE-7A06-4CE8-BF65-BD8610A81E32.jpeg
    140BD8EE-7A06-4CE8-BF65-BD8610A81E32.jpeg
    418.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Love
Reactions: BigPapaSmurf

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Caribbean blue is what I got. We love it

I know I'm way late to the game but as another person mentioned I wanted the midnight blue but decided it was too dark and went with Tropics Blue

Attachments

• 20220518_143439.jpg
    20220518_143439.jpg
    626.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20220518_143935.jpg
    20220518_143935.jpg
    804.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220518_143556.jpg
    20220518_143556.jpg
    709.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220513_153531.jpg
    20220513_153531.jpg
    620.6 KB · Views: 70
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.