Most of these addons are not needed, right?

crimson avenger

Gold Supporter
Jun 22, 2019
Chicago
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
See attached the list of addons I’m supposed to choose for closing.
As a religious TFP follower, I’m not planning on checking any of these, correct?
BBE57FA3-EE49-49CA-BACB-2E0429716BCE.jpeg

I wouldn’t but I have a pretty basic system. I backwash one final time the morning of closing. Two or three days ahead I start a SLAM and make sure everything is good. The day of I make sure I am at SLAM level and they close it up. I have never used floc. My pool company offers that winter magic stuff but I always tell them no chemicals. They are here about 25 minutes and the first thing they do is turn the pump off, the winter stuff would never mix.

AC,

I **RECOMMEND** that you try to find a company that does not lie, cheat and basically steal money from their victims, er, customers... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

I’ll do that after the first closing. My warranty with them for our build is null/void if I don’t use them for closing the first winter. Appreciate the suggestion though.

Eek! That’s quite a chemical soup they want to make!
I just use chlorine (SLAM level) and 60% polyquat algaecide at closing (October). The pool is always clear the next spring at opening (May). 🙂

You need some chemicals in the water at closing. But not their Natural Chemistry stuff or REVIVE. If the super Shock is just liquid chlorine I would have them add that. The other closing chemical is Polyquat 60. The PQ60 needs to be added after any chlorine, not the other way around.

Are there any share offers in that contract for a new bridge that is being built in Brooklyn? :deal:.
We enjoy the view of our pool in the backyard so I don't mind paying to keep it open as late as possible.
I close as late as possible (about the second week in November) and open as soon as possible, so there really isn't any chance of algae. For that reason I don't even bother with an algaecide. Simply bring it up to slam level and close it. I open to crystal clear TFP water every spring.

The SWG cleaning description implies they will be soaking the cell in acid. Cleaning an SWG in acid impacts the life of the cell (reduces it). Routinely cleaning a cell when it is not needed is just wasting the hours it will work. You should learn how and when to clean a cell yourself, and decide for yourself when it needs to be done. I'd scratch that one off the list.

Eek! That’s quite a chemical soup they want to make!
I just use chlorine (SLAM level) and 60% polyquat algaecide at closing (October). The pool is always clear the next spring at opening (May). 🙂
This is exactly what I do and used to do with my old pool. Might want to use some scale away too if you have hard water in your area.

I have never used a "closing" or "opening" service.

Pour in some shock and circulate overnight then add Algicide and scale away (if applicable) and circulate for a few hours. Then backwash and rinse and plug skimmer and return. Install winter cover and you can disconnect your equipment and blow out the lines.

Pump should go in the garage if you have freezing or heavy snow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.