Mosquito Control

I have a great experience w/ the eradicators when i put them out in feb -(yes we have mosquitoes in feb!) but the second go round in may is not quite as effective maybe I’m waiting too long to replace them? Or there’s just soooo many mosquitoes 🦟
I think you have to replace every 3 months..When I took my old ones down the water was nasty but had dead mosquitos in it.

I think you have to replace every 3 months..When I took my old ones down the water was nasty but had dead mosquitos in it.
Yeah - i even put it on my calendar but forgot & they’ve overtaken us here in Mississippi. I believe they’re more of a bait than a trap - also placement is key. The bifen is also good for fleas that’s how I stumbled upon it.

I use this propane fogger with the Black Flag insecticide. During the summer months, I normally go out early Saturday mornings to fog all the bushes and trees around my back yard and all around my pool/patio furniture. Just make sure the wind is calm and it doesn't matter what time of day you use it. I do it early in the morning to avoid gassing my neighbors, which happened one time while one was grilling.

1598365295564.png

@AndyTN How long does it work? How often do you have to reapply? My impression of foggers is that it is only for when you are out that day and have to reapply every time outside..but I really know nothing so I could be wrong.

Yeah - i even put it on my calendar but forgot & they’ve overtaken us here in Mississippi. I believe they’re more of a bait than a trap - also placement is key. The bifen is also good for fleas that’s how I stumbled upon it.
You mean like noseeums? I think technically they are fleas. I read somewhere the Bifen takes care of that. We have those so want something that takes care of the noseeums too. Florida has it all!

No, actual fleas- ours were immune to everything else I had sprayed & they were wearing my poor old dog out even though she had on a topical. They get immune to those too so we ended up with the Combo of bifen In the yard & NexGard for the dog. You gotta rotate pesticides or they build a tolerance it seems.

I use this propane fogger with the Black Flag insecticide. During the summer months, I normally go out early Saturday mornings to fog all the bushes and trees around my back yard and all around my pool/patio furniture. Just make sure the wind is calm and it doesn't matter what time of day you use it. I do it early in the morning to avoid gassing my neighbors, which happened one time while one was grilling.

View attachment 159573

We have one of those too! Usually use it before parties etc. & Add permethrin to the juice.
These delta bugs are no joke!

We had a lot of over growth at the back of our property mainly buckthorn. Took down the closest 20 footers that were maybe 10 feet from the pool last year and that got rid of an incredible amount of mosquito's this year. Bought the Walt's mosquito kit last year and haven't sprayed this year to see what the difference has been and its been night and day.

We have a propane powered skeeter vac, hubby sprays the yard a couple of times each summer, and we have zappers on the patio, my husband's garage/shop, and just inside the family near the patio.
Altogether, it works pretty well.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Moved from here.
@camueller and @epro05 I know this post is old but wanted to see if you still recommend the Chapin 362 sprayer and the Bifen ITS, or should I get the Bifen XTS? I have mosquitoes and noseeums. I have never treated my yard and never used a sprayer but want to try DIY first to see if works. Also read on domyown.com ( seems like name changed from domyownpestcontrol.com ) to add Nyguard IGR to the Bifen, I guess that kills the eggs. Do you recommend? Will give a try If still recommend. Thanks!

i use Bifen XTS In my Stihl blower, the oil base seems to last a little longer than the ITS, also every couple sprays I will throw in the IGR. Works great, no bug spray needed for weeks at a time! Get a good respirator for application.

Reactions: ckinchen
I decided to give the pest control guys a call to see what they charge for mosquito treatment. It is only 36.00 monthly which isn’t bad at all so going to give them a try. May also add the mosquito erradiactor again, hopefully the combo works. The rep said mosquitos don’t live on grass which I don’t know I believe. They seem to eat me more on grass verses lanai. If this fails will do with Bifen XTS.

I decided to give the pest control guys a call to see what they charge for mosquito treatment. It is only 36.00 monthly which isn’t bad at all so going to give them a try. May also add the mosquito erradiactor again, hopefully the combo works. The rep said mosquitos don’t live on grass which I don’t know I believe. They seem to eat me more on grass verses lanai. If this fails will do with Bifen XTS.
I had a service for a while but didn't help..Maybe have been that guy not knowing what he was doing.

I was told they love ivy which my neighbor has in half his back yard.

Reactions: ckinchen
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.