More Patience???

Aug 28, 2013
Oxford, MD 21654
Do I need to be more patient and let the sand filter do its job? I have never had the problem trying to clear up my water as I do right now.
I've deep cleaned the sand filter, added 100 pounds of sand and have been slamming for the past 3 days. Brushing 2 time a day and running my robotic filter as much as possible and cleaning at least 2 a day.
Been slamming for the last 3 days and finally got the CC below 1, Will do an overnight CC test tonight.
Never had water this cloudy.....I have 6 gal of chlorine left and I can find anymore.
Thanks for your help!

FC 12
CC 0.5
PH 7.2
TA 80
CH 230
CYA 10
salt 4200
fiberglass 14K gal

PXL_20210517_143458113.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Daze", 3 days is pretty quick for a SLAM Process, of course much depends on what the water was like at opening. You can try the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test if you wish, but I am concerned about the CYA reading of 10 because that's really not a practical reading with the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006. So if the CYA is indeed low, I would increase it by 10-20 ppm then check about 24 hrs later to ensure you get the CYA to at least 30. Patience ... yes, the tail-end of a SLAM can be tough, but it's necessary. I'd give it another couple days and maintain the FC level and maintenance. If you pass the OCLT after that, perhaps your filter needs just a bit of DE to help filter the dead algae out.

Hey Daze !! The pool did not go south overnight and it won’t be better overnight either. (Or 3 nights). No matter WHAT Leslies might try to swear by. :ROFLMAO:

You are a well seasoned TFP-er. Trust the system that you know works. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.