Monitor my SLAM

propjetprop

Gold Supporter
Jan 5, 2018
Douglasville Georgia
My pool is 1 year old now. I slacked off on maintaining the pool chems during the winter months, and due to some yard drainage issues, every time it rains I get a lot of dirt in the pool. It has been a wet winter and I have had trouble keeping up.

Well, the weather is warming up and my pool is GREEN! I started the SLAM yesterday, and here are my numbers after 14 hours.

FC 11
CC 0
CYA less than 30... I will say nil
TA 80
CH 90

I plan on adding liquid CYA to bring it up to 40 and then raise the FC to 16 according to the FC/CYA chart for SLAM
I am running the cartridge filter 24 hour a day at 3000 RPM.

24 hours after adding the first round of liquid bleach, there is no change in the green color or opacity of the water. I can not see the bottom of the pool.

OK -- so you are good at adding CYA.

FYI - the liquid CYA is many times more expensive than the granules. Up to you.

One gallon of liquid stabilizer would raise your CYA by 20 ppm. If you have 50 now, you had 30 before. Or your pool volume is off.

For what its worth.... the first test yesterday I was able to fill the testing tube with the mixed solution and still see the black dot. So all I know is that is was less than the lowest mark on the test tube and that is 30. I added 1 gallon of stabilizer and retested and i lost the black dot between 40 and 50 on the tube... so I rounded up to 50 for my measurement. I am sure there was some CYA in the pool, just not enough to measure on my taylor measuring tube...

Well.. its been a week and the water is clear now... I never measured any CC during the SLAM. I think it is just yard dirt and dust that has blown in the pool that made it cloudy. There is still quite a bit of dust when I sweep, but the water is clear. My FC is still a bit high at 11, but I will let it come down over the next week and get the SWG going again.

Thanks for all the help!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.