Maryland
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
We just purchased a home with an inground pool/spa combo built by Anthony Pool's around 1991. The spa has six 2" threaded holes for jets with no covers. Should there be some type of eyeball jet or cover over these holes or is this how they are designed to work? The pressure seems weak coming out of the jets.

I have a DE filter system. Pressure is running right around 10 to 12 pounds. The pool was not open for about two years. We drained it cleaned it filled it back up with water put a brand-new grid assembly in. could the filter be clogged even though the pressure is good? Pump basket is clean but I have not taken it apart yet. As far as the Jets go You can feel water coming out but it’s not very strong. I don’t know how strong it should be though. Am I correct in thinking it should have some type of eyeball jet in the hole?

If it is a true jet it will have a orifice deep in the hole, or at least a spot for one. If it is a return only, the eyeball would be nice to direct water to the bottom of the spa for better chemical mixing.

Attachments

• 1655251499888.png
    1655251499888.png
    257.7 KB · Views: 0
Do you have a dedicated spa jet pump or does your filter pump feed the spa jets in SPA mode?

What is the model and HP of your pump(s)?

It does have the orifice in each hole. It just visually looks unfinished without anything in the holes so i figured it should have some kind of ring in it.

Do you have a dedicated spa jet pump or does your filter pump feed the spa jets in SPA mode?

What is the model and HP of your pump(s)?
Just one pump for the pool and the spa. The automatic valves are all gone/broken but I can manually turn the Jandy valves to put the system into "Spa mode". The pool has a Jandy Aqua Link RS control board but the PDA's are long gone. I run it in service mode for now and just have it set for "Pool Mode". The pump is a Century ST1152 1.5hp. The air blower is also bad and a new one is in route.

The pump is a Century ST1152 1.5hp.

That is your motor. What is the manufacture and model of the pump wet end?

To get a stronger flow you need a greater flow rate through your 6 jets.

Whatever GPM your pump can put through your filter and heater to the spa jets is divided by six.

So if you have 3/8" jets then 70 GPM will give you a weak flow and for a strong flow you need almost 120 gpm.

My guess is your 1.5 HP pump may give you 80 GPM through the filter and heater.

Spa Jet Flow Rates.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That is your motor. What is the manufacture and model of the pump wet end?

To get a stronger flow you need a greater flow rate through your 6 jets.

Whatever GPM your pump can put through your filter and heater to the spa jets is divided by six.

So if you have 3/8" jets then 70 GPM will give you a weak flow and for a strong flow you need almost 120 gpm.

My guess is your 1.5 HP pump may give you 80 GPM through the filter and heater.

View attachment 423851
The stickers are too faded to tell on the pump. Is there a pump/motor you recommend for this system? We have 3 wall jets in the pool and 3 on the bottom of the pool evenly spaced from the shallow end to the deep end. They don’t really have a lot of pressure either on pool mode. I would again just expect it to be more then it is.

The stickers are too faded to tell on the pump. Is there a pump/motor you recommend for this system? We have 3 wall jets in the pool and 3 on the bottom of the pool evenly spaced from the shallow end to the deep end. They don’t really have a lot of pressure either on pool mode. I would again just expect it to be more then it is.
Post a picture of the pump. Someone will recognize it. Horsepower is not the only measure of a pump's performance.

Post a picture of the pump. Someone will recognize it. Horsepower is not the only measure of a pump's performance.
Here are the pics of the pump. Anybody know the brand/model?

Attachments

• IMG-0734.jpg
    IMG-0734.jpg
    592 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-0735.jpg
    IMG-0735.jpg
    577.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-0736.jpg
    IMG-0736.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 9
I drained down the spa and it does have the orifice in the holes. Should there still be something on the face of the wall? I just installed the new blower and the bubbles just go up right at the wall splashing water out of the spa. Is this how they are designed to work? The issue I see is the holes are 2" threaded and all the eyeballs I can find are for 1 1/2" pipe. Just trying to get this pool back to the way it supposed to be. Right now the large threaded holes just visually look unfinished.

Yes but the holes you can see sitting in the spa are large 2” threaded holes. Should it have a cover or trim ring or something?

I suspect I have a related question. I have a new gunite pool. I'd like to know my options for enhancing, replacing, or upgrading my spa jets/returns, but I am unsure what my options would be. Ideally, I could install some type of massaging or rotating jet or insert. I purchased a "CMP 23315-030-000 1.5 in. MPT Gunite Spa Jet44; Pulsator44," on Amazon, but it's male threaded. This is a problem because all I have are four basic jets/returns in my spa with a basic cap - when I unscrew the cap, I see a threaded pipe that comes out of the wall. I'm thinking I'm not supposed to twist and remove that pipe, correct?

Additionally, when I run my blower, water splashes out of the spa.

Do I have any options as it relates to having better or massaging jets?

I've attached a photo of the cap and a photo of what I see when I remove the cap.

Spa Return Cap.jpgSpa Return.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.