Misleading CHLOR Too Low Salt Chlorinator 1 Alarms

Kirk569

Jan 31, 2020
Niceville, Florida
All,

As I mentioned in another post I had to figure out how fix a missing salt water generator in my Omnilogic. You can read all this here:

One of the issues I had after getting things back and running was a persistent CHLOR Too Low Salt Chlorinator1 alarm. At the time my water temp was 56 and I was not concerned. When my water temp reached 74 this week I realized something was wrong. I bought a Taylor test kit for salt and a Taylor magnetic mixer, which in my opinion was worth every cent. I checked my salt content and the chemical test indicated I was at 3200 ppm, which should have been fine. I raised it 200 ppm and my alarm still persisted. Obviously something was not working correctly in my Omnilogic. I had already cleaned my SWG so I know it was not scaled.

I went back over the Hayward documentation and read over all the conditions that have to be right for the SWG to work. I began to check each and every item and I discovered that the flow sensor location had been dropped from the configuration. I went and added it back in by editing the configuration on the screen and my SWG alarm went away, I now have amps (current) shown in my SWG diagnostics and my SWG is now working apparently. I will need to wait a few days and check chlorine levels.

So, the "CHLOR Too Low Salt Chlorinator" alarm does not necessarily mean your salt level is too low. It could mean that, or it could mean something else is not set up or working, Once again Hayward has done a very incomplete job in their manuals and alarm codes. This was misleading and frustrating to say the least.

Kirk

Reactions: wendi.thacker
Thanks for sharing. We can use more folks around who understand the OmniLogic system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.