Mineral stains after 20 yrs vinyl liner

tarab

Jun 15, 2013
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Doughboy 16 x 32 with deep end. I have some stains light brown that disappeared when I placed vitamin c tablets in netted bag and gently rubbed service. So now what? Would like to remove staina without messing up water chemistry roo bad.. should I just scrub pool with tablets. I maintain pool with bleach, and muriatic acid. Cya is 40.

That indicates you have some iron in your water.

Scrubbing with the Vitamin C will get the iron back into solution in the water but it will return unless you remove the iron from the water or keep it in solution using a sequestrant. Some folks have been successful in filtering out iron using polyfill.

That indicates you have some iron in your water.

Scrubbing with the Vitamin C will get the iron back into solution in the water but it will return unless you remove the iron from the water or keep it in solution using a sequestrant. Some folks have been successful in filtering out iron using polyfill.

Thanks, mine is not terrible yet.. should I do the absorbic acid treatment or is it ok to just scrub with tablets? Also, what sequestrant do you recommend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.