Midwest fun

Midwestern sympathies! Tonight in Mason, OH, a flash flood just sloshed a ton of mud and mulch into the water and nearly caused the pool to overflow. This season, I've spent more time scooping out crayfish than actually swimming! Tomorrow I can look forward to lots and lots of vacuuming (if there's a break in the lightning). Ugh.

I started my arc today. All it does is rain in nepa. And heavy. My dad hasn’t been able to cut his back yard in months it’s so wet. All I do is empty water out of my pool and mess up my salt and cya levels.

We r in Disney right now and it’s rained here more this June than any other June in 20 years. I mean long drawn out storms. Not 10 min rain with humidity after. Tonight in magic kingdom there was a tornado warning. Couldn’t see 10 feet in front of u.

First time for us this far into the new season without swimming once. Have been treating water for 8wks , water temp 72!. Neighbors put up a Intex for the kids 5 days ago, they were swimming as soon as it filled and have been everyday! I would need to go to a urologist?. Weather pattern looks like it will stay the same for at least another week here.

Last edited:
I wish you short lines and dry ponchos! A tornado warning is nuts! I was at Disney last week and it was brutally hot but we managed to have a good time. If you have time to kill and need an inside activity, visit Trader Sam’s at the Polynesian. It’s a super-fun, indoor tiki bar. (It opens at 4-ish and let’s kids in until 8, I think.
I started my arc today. All it does is rain in nepa. And heavy. My dad hasn’t been able to cut his back yard in months it’s so wet. All I do is empty water out of my pool and mess up my salt and cya levels.

We r in Disney right now and it’s rained here more this June than any other June in 20 years. I mean long drawn out storms. Not 10 min rain with humidity after. Tonight in magic kingdom there was a tornado warning. Couldn’t see 10 feet in front of u.

Drove by a cornfield this morning. The corn is about six inches tall except for the low spots in the fields. There you have water deep enough you can't see the corn.

Worst season in my pool business in 10 summers :(

Don’t tell, but this makes me feel better. This year too is one of the worst at TFP in the past 4-5 years in terms of growth. Our budget and such is fine but seeing we just migrated I always wonder if it’s the weather that’s causing the decline or the migration.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'd say it's the weather. In May I had the pool mostly empty for over a month waiting for the weather to dry enough to replace the liner. We caught about a week of dry weather. The liner went in, the crops went in and the rain started again. There is a 330 acre farm around my 3 acres. I watched them plow it in the morning and plant it in the afternoon. The tractors were running 24/7. They only stopped for meal deliveries, driver changes and fuel stops.

I wish you short lines and dry ponchos! A tornado warning is nuts! I was at Disney last week and it was brutally hot but we managed to have a good time. If you have time to kill and need an inside activity, visit Trader Sam’s at the Polynesian. It’s a super-fun, indoor tiki bar. (It opens at 4-ish and let’s kids in until 8, I think.

It’s brutal here this week also. We have been here since last week too. Trader sam’s is awesome. Been there past trips. I’m a big fan of the hanger bar too. Big Indy fan!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.