Silver Supporter
Feb 23, 2022
Dickinson, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Given that the Microbites screw into a standard return fitting off an 1.5" through pipe in my spa floor, and from what I can tell a configuration of installation is to use a bell reducer from the 1.5" PVC to the 3/4" grey electrical conduit outside the shell wall, is it considered to be a wet conditioned conduit? Or, is it also acceptable for a PB to have just run the 3/4" conduit through the PVC pipe and not formed any union?

I'm trying to understand the air bubbles that occasionally trail up from the light, and, I have a slow leakage. I guess after the holidays or when the mood hits him, my PB is going to address, or, me eventually, but would like a better understanding of the proper arrangement. Anyone install these and know?

The Microbrite Installation Manual (see attached) on pages 6-9 has instructions for both Dry Conduit and Wet Conduit installations.

So it depends what your PB did and if he followed the appropriate instructions.

Attachments

• microbrite-installation-users-guide.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 9
Thanks, @ajw22! I had seen that part, so does that mean that most PB's then if doing dry, it all relies on the o-ring? Meaning, conduit is run into spa, 1.5" pipe is run out of spa, but there's no gluing them together will bell reducer? The 1.5" PVC is just open to soil? If the latter and just open ended, then I do have an o-ring failure, as that's about where the air trails from. Maybe the design issue is with heating the spa and then cooling?

I would never leave the 1.5" open and just rely on the O ring. I would always assume wet and water will find its way in.

So I don't know what a PB does to have a dry conduit. I don't think they exist for long dry.

I'm trying to remember back to that day. Plumbing had long been in, and the electricians showed a day before plaster. They were swinging grey conduit, but I didn't pay attention to that exact location. But, also, in the back of mind, I can't remember seeing any kind of reducer glued in. That would have stuck out to me. I almost remember seeing pipe go into pipe.

That's been my confusion with that end, as wet or dry on intent, it's usually all sealed conduit, but if so, there's no entry for the air I'm getting. Gonna have to bet it's just conduit run into pipe. So, my problem may be as simple enough as an o-ring, hopefully. The other 3 pool lights must be holding good, as pool isn't losing anything at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.