Michigan Weather - Snowing Outside In Late April? Ugh

Mendy48

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2018
Midland, MI
I just opened my pool up...my hubby and I...for the first time ourselves. We did pretty well and I'm proud of that. Now I'm balancing out my pool chemistry.

Well, I wake up to snow/blizzard and I'm so upset. We are almost in May. Things like this make me want to leave MI, but I love my home and the kids are settled here. Ugh..... Can't believe it's snowing in late April. Not sure why I moved here in 2006. I wanted to be close to my parents....lol...I just can't take the weather here. It's so unpredictable. I need Sun and some warmer weather already. ?‍♀️

Last edited:
We are in Chicago and building a plunge pool now. I’ve lived here my whole life so it’s just business as usual for me!

Hang in there!!

Mark

Reactions: Mendy48
ok...but how hot does Michigan get in the summer?? And humid? Cause while we may leave our pool open year round down south its a trade off cause July and August are usually unbearably hot and muggy. Bad hair days abound!

Maddie :flower:

• Haha
ok...but how hot does Michigan get in the summer?? And humid? Cause while we may leave our pool open year round down south its a trade off cause July and August are usually unbearably hot and muggy.
Usually in the 80's and we'll get some great 90's days. Those days in the 70's are dreaded and just not wanted. LOL
Very humid in the summer, especially being surrounded by lakes.

Usually in the 80's and we'll get some great 90's days. Those days in the 70's are dreaded and just not wanted. LOL
Very humid in the summer, especially being surrounded by lakes.

Yup! But I'll rather have summer anytime though. LOL. The winters here are long and drawn out. Literally...LOL. So when it snows in APRIL, I've had enough...Summer is coming soon...very soon..can't wait.

Reactions: mariane

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:BREAKING NEWS:

Summer has been canceled.
A Polar Vortex has decided to spend the summer camped out over MI. 6“ to 8” of snow forecasted this evening with lows in the teen’s. Tomorrow, partly cloudy with highs only in the single digits.
Residents are urged to bring their animals inside.

• Haha
Reactions: mariane and Mendy48
Yup! But I'll rather have summer anytime though. LOL. The winters here are long and drawn out. Literally...LOL. So when it snows in APRIL, I've had enough...Summer is coming soon...very soon..can't wait.
Summer is my favorite day of the year. LOL
So I agree with the winters being too long and drawn out. I am also at the point now, I've had enough.
I hooked up all the equipment and the pump is running. Under the winter cover but still up and running. :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.