Mesh safety cover

BApool

May 2, 2018
Baltimore, md
So I did a bad thing and threw away the mesh cover that came with my pool, it was pretty tattered, had a few holes, and didn't look like it would last another season. It was a Merlin cover and evidently there was a serial number somewhere on it. Whoops!

So now what do I do?

I want to stick with mesh but I really really really don't want to drill new anchors into the decking. I have a rectangular 18x36 with rounded corners, no steps or anything. What are the chances that an off the rack Merlin, meyco, or whatever other mesh cover would fit the old anchors?

I tried calling Merlin to see if they could look it up based on my address or anything and they were less than helpful. My local pool place will only measure everything if I buy the cover through them and have them install it and close down the pool, which I want to avoid.

I've probably been putting this off too long, the water just recently dipped below 60 but it's getting down into the 30s at night so I want to get everything shut down sooner than later.

You can AB measure the pool and anchors.

Google AB measure pool for instructions.

Basically, you will establish 2 reference points called point A and point B.

Then, you mark and number multiple points around the pool at regular intervals.

Then, you measure from point A to every point marked on the pool and from point B to every point marked on the pool.

Then, you measure from point A to every anchor and from point B to every anchor.

The two sets of measurements are sent to the manufacturer who puts the measurements in the computer and then they can design the new cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.