Mesh Cover & Deck Anchors

Mendy48

Bronze Supporter
Apr 27, 2018
Midland, MI
Once I get the hooks (from the mesh cover) around the deck anchor in the ground, do I screw the deck anchors back down to the ground to secure the hook or do I just leave it alone? Do you know what I mean? I have an example picture here to show you the area I'm talking about.

P.S. This is not my pool... just an example.

Screen Shot 2019-10-22 at 6.26.53 PM.png

You unscrew the anchors about 1/4" or so. Hook the spring over the anchor and then screw the anchor back down until the anchor is "snug" over the spring. Do not crank the anchor down or it will just squeeze the spring right out from under the anchor.

It's surprisingly easy...

Reactions: Mendy48
Leave the anchors out to far and the springs can pop then out if the cover gets heavy. The removalbar needs about 1/2” up to be used properly.

I agree. Don't screw anchors back in with the springs on them. You want them up to hold the springs with heavy snow on the cover.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree. Don't screw anchors back in with the springs on them. You want them up to hold the springs with heavy snow on the cover.
Do your anchors not have a "head" on them? That's what keeps the spring on the anchor on mine. There's no way the springs can come off unless the spring can move, mine can't.

Not screwing them down snug is a recipe for stubbed toes

Do your anchors not have a "head" on them? That's what keeps the spring on the anchor on mine. There's no way the springs can come off unless the spring can move, mine can't.

Not screwing them down snug is a recipe for stubbed toes

You don't get the snow loads on your cover that we do up North. Glad it works for you but other peoples environments are different then yours. I prefer the springs being well supported.

All anchors have a head, use a compact wrench to screw them down Until the spring comes free. I’ve been doing it for years with never an issue, nor do I use the big bar. Once the spring is free, I just snug the anchor down level with the decks. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

So what should I do cause there's conflicting ideas here.

My anchors have heads (see pic below). Most of them are screwed up like this...about 1/2 inch.

Option #1: Should I screw the anchor back down
Option #2: Should I leave the anchors alone (the way it is here)
Option #3: Should I screw the anchor a bit higher.

IMG_1377.jpeg

Perfect. Mine are are like that. I'll leave them alone. I just went around the mesh cover to make sure that they are all identical.... lol

View attachment 121537

Mine are just like that. Been doing it that way since 2004 and never an issue....or stubbed toe. ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.