Members mark shock.

Nathanazajac

May 29, 2019
Pennsylvania
Hello, I am trying to balance out my 46,000gallon vinyl lined pool. When I had my water tested it had no cya in it but I shocked with the members mark shock and nervous my levels may be to high. Doe a anyone know if or how much stabilizer is in this product? Thank you

Doe a anyone know if or how much stabilizer is in this product?
The Member's Mark brand seems to be a Sam's Club exclusive product. They have various shock & stabilizer products, so if you could tell us exatcly which item it was we may be able to help.

But more importantly .... welcome to TFP! :wave: You'll find here quickly that we test our own water with a "proper" test kit - See Test Kits Compared, typically avoid the pool store and their over-priced products, and reply on our own accurate home testing to balance the water. We also don't shock, but we SLAM Process when a pool has algae (i.e. green or cloudy). You would benefit by reviewing the following links and also updating your signature when you get a chance.
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
SLAM Process
FC/CYA Levels
PoolMath
Also take note of the Vital Links below in my signature. :)

Welcome! :wave:

46,000 gallons is a HUGE pool. Any chemical mistakes will likewise be huge. That is why I hope you plan to invest in a proper test kit. Soon.

The CYA test is the one the pool stores get the most wrong. I hope for your sake they got it right, and that you didn't just overload yourself with CYA. The best way to know how much CYA is in the water now is to test it.

Thanks guys my cya test kit shows up tomorrow. Using the calculator and it looks like I should be fine for my cya levels. If all is correct I should be around 20 ppm. Sorry for not using slam! I am in the process of slam now but I think my chlorine may be no good. I bought 20 gallons of rural kings 10 percent liquid chlorine today to start working a slam this weekend. When I opened the bottles there is almost no chlorine smell is that right? Also after adding it to the deepest part of the pool and waiting half an hour I am showing no more than 0.8 fc in the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.