Maytronics A20 or A30 or A30i- oh MY!

2girls2boys2dogs&dh

Silver Supporter
Jun 10, 2017
Armonk, New York
Hi
I 'm in NEED of a pool vacuum ASAP. My 3 year old Dolphin Nautilus died- father's day is coming up as well as 3 graduations in this house so i need to get this pool in shape and am having a time with everything breaking at once! Pool cover changed last year but one of the cords broke this year again and is still under warranty, pool control cover is also broken- waiting for part. In the meantime - I'm slamming the pool - but the vacuum and hose are hopeless and I need Robotic backup!:kim:
The price of the maytronics robot from marinepoolspaandpatio.com delivered no shipping or tax:
S200 -$759 VS A20 -$ 659
S300- $899 VS A30 -$799
S300i-$999 VS A30i -$899
The Discovery S200 is $719 now at Deheny's.
How could they be selling the Dolphin brand cheaper than the Deheny's? I'm thinking I would really like to have the cart. I wonder how much heavier the A30i is than the lighter A20? Is it really worth the money?
Does anyone have the A30i and wished they'd gotten the "simpler" A20? Don't have a "pool boy" so I can justify at least to myself to spend the higher price if its better quality?
thanks all!

The S200-300 (A20-30) series all weigh the same (16.5lb). The caddy is less about the robot being heavy and more about a launch platform for the robot. The caddy keeps the control unit at a usable level, supports the robot without putting any weight on the rollers and allows for easy cord winding. You roll it to a convenient spot, plug in, remove and launch the robot and press "on." You can live happily without it, but it adds convenience.

the s300/300i and the same exact unit as the a30/a30i but in different colors. The biggest difference between the 300/a30 and the 300i/a30i is that the bluetooth feature allows you to set floors only, walls only, waterline only and it also has a better warranty. If you are buying it at those prices, the a30i is the better buy even for the extra $100 just because of the warranty. The warranty on the s300i and a30i covers all parts including wearables (belts and filters) where as the a30/s300 doesn't cover wearables in the second year. Look up the prices for new filters, they are $100.

Though I think it is for you, if weight isn't an issue, buy either the m400 or Dolphin oasis z5. Marina pool sells the m400 for $999, Epic pool sells the Oasis for $999 after rebate and there is a $25 coupon online (poolreview25). Both are the same unit (marina pool still only has the remote model, not bluetooth). The m400 and Oasis z5 are a couple pounds heavier, but they are have much stronger vacuums, make better turns and have a 3 year warranty. Parts are also cheaper (filters are only $50). I also spoke with Maytronics and the rep told me the M400/Oasis z5 are much better units. Several repair shops I spoke with also told me they have had less problems with the m400/oasis z5. In the end, you get a much better unit with a longer warranty for the same money. The only thing you are giving up compared to the 300i/a30i is the ability to have it do floors only, walls only and the extra scheduling features. To me the warranty is more important.

Personally I think the cart is important for storage reasons. It keeps the unit off its brushes. Without it, the brushes will get crushed and have to be replace sooner. If you look in the manuals, they even say to store the unit on its side if you don't have a cart.

Well, after all kinds of research, I pulled the plug today for the A30i. Talked to Margaret at Marina Pool as others have mentioned. Very nice lady answered all my questions and for $899 delivered I think is a real fair price. Can't wait to get it and give it a whirl.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.