Maytronic active 20 power supply overheating?

mstng

May 16, 2018
pensacola
A contiunation of another dead thread. Dolphin Robot - Power Supply Crazy Hot?!

Almost 3 years since purchase and 6 months ago i noticed buttons not responding as they should. No rhyme or reason, sometimes starts but mostly non responsive. I have noticed that the power supply is imo way to warm. No vents for heat dissipation. When the unit cools down I am noticing more success with it starting and running it's cycle. I have added a fan below and above to see if that helps. It's in a covered patio protected from the florida sun and the impeller and unit works as expected when i do get the power supply to respond. Out of warranty now, Is this a common problem, is there a fix for this that doesn't require a several hundred dollar replacement.? Thanks.

A contiunation of another dead thread. Dolphin Robot - Power Supply Crazy Hot?!

Almost 3 years since purchase and 6 months ago i noticed buttons not responding as they should. No rhyme or reason, sometimes starts but mostly non responsive. I have noticed that the power supply is imo way to warm. No vents for heat dissipation. When the unit cools down I am noticing more success with it starting and running it's cycle. I have added a fan below and above to see if that helps. It's in a covered patio protected from the florida sun and the impeller and unit works as expected when i do get the power supply to respond. Out of warranty now, Is this a common problem, is there a fix for this that doesn't require a several hundred dollar replacement.? Thanks.

It sounds like the issue might indeed be related to overheating, especially if you've noticed improved performance when the unit cools down. Overheating can lead to various malfunctions in electronic devices, including erratic behavior and unresponsiveness.

Adding fans for additional cooling is a good start, but if the power supply unit itself lacks proper ventilation, it may still struggle to dissipate heat efficiently. You could try improving the airflow around the power supply by creating more openings or ensuring that the existing ones are clear of obstructions.

Another potential solution could be to replace the power supply unit with one that is designed to handle higher temperatures more effectively. However, this might require some technical expertise to ensure compatibility and safety.

If the issue persists despite these efforts, you may need to consider consulting a professional technician or contacting the manufacturer for further assistance. They might be able to offer additional insights or suggest alternative solutions that could help resolve the problem without breaking the bank.