Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi All,

I have a master pools in-floor cleaner and have already replaced the in-floor heads, valve gasket, impeller, o-ring and valve housing cover. I'm trying to replace the gear plate (photo attached) and can't figure out how to keep the top 4 gears attached. They came loose in the box and do not have any fasteners. I've set them all in place, but as soon as I fire up the pump, they go flying off. Am I missing something here? The old, broken plate also did not have them fastened..

Attachments

• masterpools.JPG
    masterpools.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 6
I don't think I have ever seen that brand of infloor cleaner mentioned here.

Let's see if @proavia knows anything about them.

1654031150656.png

@KDpoolguy

Last edited:
The Master Pools Retainer Ring (33107-0021) secures the medium and large gears (see below) to the Master Pools Gear Plate. These rings allows the gears to spin properly and reduces wear of the the entire in-floor cleaning system.

Product Includes:
  • Retainer Ring
Features:
  • Fits the Master Pools In-Floor Actuator System.
  • Metal Construction.
  • Four retainer rings needed per system (two for medium gears, two for large gears).
If you have a TurboClean Master Pools in-floor cleaning system, then we have the complete selection of parts you need.

The description says 4 retainer clips.

Contact the supplier to ask them or contact MasterPools to see what they can tell you.

Hi All,

I have a master pools in-floor cleaner and have already replaced the in-floor heads, valve gasket, impeller, o-ring and valve housing cover. I'm trying to replace the gear plate (photo attached) and can't figure out how to keep the top 4 gears attached. They came loose in the box and do not have any fasteners. I've set them all in place, but as soon as I fire up the pump, they go flying off. Am I missing something here? The old, broken plate also did not have them fastened..
I have the master pools in floor system as well and replaced the gear assembly a couple years ago without issue. Are you sure the gears are in the correct locations? I think only a couple of them have retaining clips. Here is a diagram if it helps

the impeller should also help keep them in place. with the assembly in place but the lid off, can you spin the gears with your finger and does the plate rotate correctly?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.