manually vacuuming pool

For many of us, it's a simple matter of attaching a long vacuum hose to the suction hole under your skimmer basket. Before doing that, fill the hose with water to "prime" it and remove most of the air. Then attache one end to your vacuum head, and the other into that skimmer port hole. The pump should be on high, and the multiport valve on filter (unless you had lots of gunk to vacuum directly to waste). Once you are done vacuuming, remove the vacuum equipment. Then you'll probably need to backwash the filter. If so, backwash for about 1 minute or so, then go to "Rinse" until the site glass gets clear. Once the water in the glass is clear, go back to filter.

Important - Always turn the pump OFF when changing mulitport valve settings. If your pool set-up is different than what I described above, let us know and someone will help.

From your picture, you have two pumps. The pump closest to the filter with the small hoses looks to be a cleaner-dedicated pump. Do you see a small hole/port anywhere around the inside of your pool? That could be a dedicated suction port for vacuuming.

Reactions: splashpad

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That port blows water out like a return to push the vacuum. I'm confused now!
Rats! Then that port is for a pressure cleaner, not suction. So I suppose you are back to using a poolside skimmer. But as noted earlier, make sure that skimmer is the only suction device open. Close any other suction ports (i.e. 2nd skimmer, main drain) so that all water suction is from just one skimmer. Prime your vacuum hose full of water first before attempting to connect it.

Reactions: Brenda Paw
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.