Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hi all,

Is manual vacuuming necessary with the pressure side Polaris 280 running every day for 3 hours and a clean pool?

If your Polaris is cleaning the floor to your satisfaction then you do not have to manually vacuum the pool. We do still recommend brushing the pool weekly.
Thanks Zea. Polaris is doing the job. No debris. I brush the walls 2x a week. Floor 1x per week. Thanks for your quick reply.

I will manually vacuum in the spring during pollen season because a fine layer would develop on the bottom and when vacuumed, go right through the mesh bag. Now that I replaced the Polaris with a robot, I probably won't do it.

I will manually vacuum in the spring during pollen season because a fine layer would develop on the bottom and when vacuumed, go right through the mesh bag. Now that I replaced the Polaris with a robot, I probably won't do it.
What robot are you using? Did it connect to the same pressure side fitting as the Polaris? Are you happy with it? (sorry if this is deviating from the topic a bit).

I bought the Pentair Warrior SI from Marina Pool and Spa this spring. Now I have an unused booster pump sitting there among my pool equipment. I guess I don't get rid of it in case the robot dies and I could pull out the old Polaris. It's listed in my signature.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.