LifeTime Supporter
Sep 15, 2013
Fayetteville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I’m getting lazier in my years and am officially over using the manual pool vacuum.

I don’t think we need anything fancy - The only thing I’d like in a pool cleaner is for it to:
1. Do a reasonable job of cleaning (maybe require the manual version every couple weeks?)
2. Be affordable ($300 or less. Might be able to do $400 for a robot w/o my husband having an aneurism).
3. Climb the walls
4. Bonus points if it also has a brush on the bottom.

I don’t care how long it takes to do its thing, not many leaves get into our pool, don’t need WiFi or Bluetooth connection, etc.

Pressure and suction cleaners seem to be non-compliant for us with Pool School article as we have no main drain, only two returns and no booster pump. And Robot seems to be out of the question for $400 or less.

I’m having issues with the TFP search function, Amazon search doesn’t provide great filter options (or maybe I’m just doing it all wrong?). Would appreciate any suggestions or feedback.

Considering giving this a shot:
INTEY Pool Cleaner Automatic Suction Pool Vacuum Amazon.com : INTEY Pool Cleaner Automatic Suction Pool Vacuum : Garden & Outdoor

Might be able to do $400 for a robot w/o my husband having an aneurism).
Sounds just like me and my wife. :) :rant::rant::rant::rant:

If it helps at all, when I do searches, I do one of the following:
- Click/type in the search field at top of screen, hit "Search", then click the Google Search tab below the results
- Click the G-Button (Google) and do the same
- Select the Advanced and enter my info there as required.

Hope that helps.

I’m like you I’m so over manual vacuuming, I tried a cleaner like the link you posted but had no luck with my pool it stayed stuck in the deep end. My deep end has very sloped walls on all sides. I have almost bought a dolphin 3x’s this summer but the cost makes me stop every time. By the time I do decide to buy it my pool season will be almost over!!! ?

I don't get having to "ask" or "explain" purchases truthfully. I would just buy whatever is needed and say this is what we needed.....
....of course if the other party whines let *them* vacuum the pool.

Maddie :flower:

I was about to suggest the Dolphin E10, like I have.....it ticks all the boxes of what you are looking for in a robot.
Got a refurb unit for under $ 400, 2 years ago.

Though I am not sure the cord would be long enough for your 20x40.
Also it won't climb steep(vertical) walls...but angled hopper style deep end walls...it will climb those and breach the surface a little.

If you do end up getting that, also get the fine filter...it makes a difference.

I don't get having to "ask" or "explain" purchases truthfully. I would just buy whatever is needed and say this is what we needed.....
....of course if the other party whines let *them* vacuum the pool.

Maddie :flower:
I do the chems, kid brushes, hubs vacuums. Unfortunately, hubs is currently deployed.
In all honesty, he likely wouldn’t complain THAT much. I’d just rather not have his attention deflected to my ‘first world problems.’

Reactions: gio5
I was about to suggest the Dolphin E10, like I have.....it ticks all the boxes of what you are looking for in a robot.
Got a refurb unit for under $ 400, 2 years ago.

Though I am not sure the cord would be long enough for your 20x40.
Also it won't climb steep(vertical) walls...but angled hopper style deep end walls...it will climb those and breach the surface a little.

If you do end up getting that, also get the fine filter...it makes a difference.

Had not thought about something refurbished! That’s a splendid idea!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.