Making use of Spring Rain...

Jul 31, 2016
Highgate, VT
Hi from Vermont! I'm just getting ready to get the winter cover off our above ground pool. I might have missed my window, weather wise, because we are in for a LOT of rain in the next couple weeks, and I probably should have done it sooner. My water is 55 degrees now... so I really want to get that cover off of it and take advantage of the spring rain to bring the water level back up. I've been constantly siphoning water off the cover since melt in April, but there is still about 6" of water and sludge in spots on the cover. I don't want that to spill in to the pool if I try taking it off...... How do you clean off your cover in the spring before opening, especially while its raining? A dry day at this point isn't going to happen for a while... any tips welcome!!

Yeah I've been siphoning like crazy... but was hoping to accelerate the process. So, I got creative this afternoon and hooked up the pump since it's gotta get hooked up anyway, but without attaching the hoses the normal way, I was able to use the vac hose over the cover and use the pump and a waste hose to start the exit flow from the vac hose. Now it's still flowing out without the pump running because of the exit pressure started... hopefully I'll get this cover off by tomorrow, it's turning into a mosquito hatchery and 3 straight days of rain is on the way!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.