Major Remodel House with Pool

Hey Isledge and Welcome !!!

How are you adding chlorine ? Bleach, tabs, or a salt water chlorine generator?

Because I'm not currently living at the house where our pool is, therefore its not possible to check water level everyday, is once a week alright?

Does your pool have a main drain that is operational in addition to the skimmers?

The main drain will keep the pump from running dry if the water level falls below the skimmers.

Does the pool have an autofill?

To answer your question, no idea! Haven't got that far yet.
OK so here is the bleach additive rundown: (choose 1)

Bleach : add everyday or over other day.

Tabs: add a few per week to slowly release chlorine while you aren't there to do it yourself. Its unmanagable long term and you will need to drain the pool after several months, but you only need a weekly check.

Salt water chlorine generator: adds chlorine daily for you and once you move in, it will continue doing so for several seasons. Hands down this is the way to go, construction project or not. We sold the house with my pool. I bought my new SWG before I even signed the paperwork for the new build. With all the supply issues, It was more important than the details of the pool itself. Like who would build it. :ROFLMAO:

OK so here is the bleach additive rundown: (choose 1)

Bleach : add everyday or over other day.

Tabs: add a few per week to slowly release chlorine while you aren't there to do it yourself. Its unmanagable long term and you will need to drain the pool after several months, but you only need a weekly check.

Salt water chlorine generator: adds chlorine daily for you and once you move in, it will continue doing so for several seasons. Hands down this is the way to go, construction project or not. We sold the house with my pool. I bought my new SWG before I even signed the paperwork for the new build. With all the supply issues, It was more important than the details of the pool itself. Like who would build it. :ROFLMAO:
O appreciate the feedback. Because we're not living at the house, adding bleach every other day is not an option.

Because we're not living at the house, adding bleach every other day is not an option.
So then there's 2 choices.

Tabs will solve one problem and create a new one.

SWG is spendy upfront and then pays you back over time ultimately paying for itself (and possibly more).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.